Vox AC15C1 vs VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox AC15C1 vs VR

Now I now the VR is hybrid and the other is true valve, but is there really a massive difference in tone? I just want helpful advice on which I should pick as I can't A/B them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Vox AC15C1 vs VR

im gonna go out on a limb and say yes. big difference.

Comment

A/B infers ....."at the same time".
      Are you saying you can ply them both, but not at the same time.?
      That should be enough to tell YOU what you prefer. If not, then opinions might be a big help indeed.
      good luck
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mZ4BAvEbg
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToonE52DG8
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0

Comment

No, I can't play them both

Comment

If there wasn't a massive difference in tone people wouldn't spend so much more money to get a real tube amp.
          green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

The VR is a pretty cool little amp but remember it is modeling the AC15 as opposed to being an AC15. I think it is the AC15 setting from the original Valvetronix AD series amp, the high end blue faced one.

It doesn't have the trem circuit or the tone cut of the C1 and the reverb is digital. It also doesn't have the same speaker availability, though it does have a Celestion in it.
            It does have a lot more gain available than the C1 and is a little more modern sounding when you get on it. It doesn't have the same depth of sound as the C1, if that is the difference of the speaker or the circuit I can't tell you.
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Completely different monsters! I gave my VR away because it sounded nothing like either of my AC's & I had bought it so I could get something close to the sound of my AC's without having to move around a 75lb combo amp! They're not awful but they're not even in the same ballpark as real AC's! My girlfriend's dad loves the VR but he was rocking a $40 15w S.S. Fender Champ before I gave it to him so the bar was set pretty low... To my ears it was just a Pi$$ poor modeling amp that had some AC-ish overtones, kinda sorta???
                I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

the ac15c1 has much much better tone. It's even louder than the AC30VR.

Comment

My ac30vr sounds like crap on the clean chanel but i cranked master to full and just barley on. And wow but still nothing overly exciting. My mesa mk2a is much better.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

Modeling and SS technology has come a long way in 20 years, even blending digital with tubes, but I've come to realize it'll never equal a high quality tube amp.....ever....no matter how good it gets....at least out loud in an open room.
                      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Even if the s/s version does a decent job of approximating the tone, the AC15 will have the response, the touch-sensitivity, that has been the enduring quality of tube amps for decades ... you can 'play' a tube amp as much as you play the guitar.

If you have the choice between these two items, there really is no choice. Use the item that is the original, not the one that is an imitation of the original.
                        Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER NO STALKING !

Comment

Personally I'd go for the C1. It's more than likely a better platform for pedals.

Comment

The C1 is definitely the better amp of the two. But you should also check out the AC10. It came out last year. It's 20 pounds lighter than the AC15C1, and sounds astounding. Plenty loud enough for small club gigs.

Comment

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
                              Even if the s/s version does a decent job of approximating the tone, the AC15 will have the response, the touch-sensitivity, that has been the enduring quality of tube amps for decades ... you can 'play' a tube amp as much as you play the guitar.

If you have the choice between these two items, there really is no choice. Use the item that is the original, not the one that is an imitation of the original.
                              This. /thread

Comment

Working...
                              X