This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS Charvel Jackson 1987 Model 2

Selling a super nice 1987 Charvel Jackson Model 2 in Metallic Blue. Guitar is old but was not abused. Neck is straight and frets have plenty of life left in them. See pics for the small chip of paint on one side of the neck joint with about a 1 mm hairline crack which is common on these.

Pickup was replaced with a Seymour Duncan TB-12 at some point before I bought it. The case is not original either. Original JT6 tremolo with trem bar. Back of the neck has been slightly sanded and oiled, extremely smooth finish.

Used these two sites here and here to determine the age.

Free shipping to the 48 Contiguous States (guitar will be shipped with the strings extremely loose unless you specify otherwise (I do not like to ship guitars with full string tension on the neck.)

Asking $550obo.

Re: FS Charvel Jackson 1987 Model 2

Are you interested in any trades?
    Alvin

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin View Post
      Are you interested in any trades?
      Not particularly but shoot me a PM and lets see if something doesn't work out. Thanks!

Comment

As a public service, I'd say anyone who may be slobbering over the Charvel ProMods (Jolly) and wants a 1-hum non-recessed rear-loaded Floyded Charvel that is along those lines, the Model 2 can't be beat. Hands down the best import they ever made, short of the 1990-94 Jackson Professional neckthroughs.

If I'm not mistaken, the JT6 can be swapped for an OFR, and the newer/recent Charvel ProMod Strathead necks should bolt right up, if that's your thang.
        Originally posted by Brown Note
        I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by DrNewcenstein View Post
          As a public service, I'd say anyone who may be slobbering over the Charvel ProMods (Jolly) and wants a 1-hum non-recessed rear-loaded Floyded Charvel that is along those lines, the Model 2 can't be beat. Hands down the best import they ever made, short of the 1990-94 Jackson Professional neckthroughs.

If I'm not mistaken, the JT6 can be swapped for an OFR, and the newer/recent Charvel ProMod Strathead necks should bolt right up, if that's your thang.
          Agreed. Don't know about the neck dropping right in but I can say the post spacing for JT-6 and OFR are the same, however, string spacing is wider on the OFR. I can also attest to the model series quality as I own 2 myself.

I will also note that I have never paid close to this in CAD $ for a model series, although the 2 is slightly rarer than most.
          TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

I'm sorely tempted. I had a fire engine red Model 2 back in the day, and I miss it...

Comment

Man unless you're super despo for the money i don't see why you would sell this? Seems to me like a stupid idea bro.

Comment

Thank you very much!

I saw one with a Wilkinson Tremolo installed...not quite sure about the OFR replacement but I believe the neck pocket is 2 1/4 so a Charvel Strathead should fit it

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                Agreed. Don't know about the neck dropping right in but I can say the post spacing for JT-6 and OFR are the same, however, string spacing is wider on the OFR. I can also attest to the model series quality as I own 2 myself.

I will also note that I have never paid close to this in CAD $ for a model series, although the 2 is slightly rarer than most.
                I believe he is right–the Model 2 has a 2 1/4 neck pocket which should accommodate the newer style headstocks...that is if you prefer the Fender ball to the Charvel point

For the price, I just checked out Reverb and eBay–mine is in exceptional condition.

Originally posted by Leotis View Post
                I'm sorely tempted. I had a fire engine red Model 2 back in the day, and I miss it...
                The Model 2s are great players–cool guitars for sure!

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
                Man unless you're super despo for the money i don't see why you would sell this? Seems to me like a stupid idea bro.
                Ha! Not hurting for money–just getting rid of things not being used.

Comment

Further, if you've got them lying around, an RR3 neck should also fit, if you want pointy-with-fins. Basically any Charvel or Jackson 22-fret neck will fit. The Warmoth Baritone Conversion neck will also fit the pocket, as it's wider at the heel than a standard Warmoth 22-fret Fender-spec neck. Actually, it's almost dead-on Charvel/Jackson width. I had one in a Model 375 Deluxe body some years ago, and if the neck woulda had a Floyd nut, I'd probably still have it.

$550 is a fair deal. These hold their value well, despite the claims of those on another forum that specializes in this brand otherwise. They're skinflints looking for a "sweet deal" to brag about.

Lastly, if I'm not mistaken, these were full-size Strat-style bodies, not the Dinky-sized, so if you're a die-hard Strat guy who doesn't get along with Dinkies, this is your axe.
                  Originally posted by Brown Note
                  I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                  My Blog

Comment

Further, if you've got them lying around, an RR3 neck should also fit, if you want pointy-with-fins. Basically any Charvel or Jackson 22-fret neck will fit. The Warmoth Baritone Conversion neck will also fit the pocket, as it's wider at the heel than a standard Warmoth 22-fret Fender-spec neck. Actually, it's almost dead-on Charvel/Jackson width. I had one in a Model 375 Deluxe body some years ago, and if the neck woulda had a Floyd nut, I'd probably still have it.

$550 is a fair deal. These hold their value well, despite the claims of those on another forum that specializes in this brand otherwise. They're skinflints looking for a "sweet deal" to brag about.

Lastly, if I'm not mistaken, these were full-size Strat-style bodies, not the Dinky-sized, so if you're a die-hard Strat guy who doesn't get along with Dinkies, this is your axe.
                    Thank you for the props and good info! These are full sized bodies and not Dinkys–I really prefer two pickups, am keeping my '86 Model 3A

Comment

Working...
                    X