Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA- MOJOTONE G12M and G12H Clones...

Mojotone.com

16ohm g12m25 and 16ohm g12H30 on sale for $60 each. Only 16ohm versions.

These are likely made for them by Eminence based on the basket.

I picked up a H30 to try out since I blew one of my 70th anni's a few weeks back.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: PSA- MOJOTONE G12M and G12H Clones...

I've used them a lot. Great bang for the buck. Mostly the 30H one.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Good to know, Scott.

Reviews are sparse. But the few I have seen say they are a bit smoother than the 70th anniversary model. Which would not be a bad thing.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I have a Headstrong Prima that utilizes their take on a Celestion V30.
        I think it sounds fabulous.....but I am kind of an Eminence snob, and tend to Like THEIR speaker better than The Celestion that it was designed around.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY73mb28orM
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35mZ4BAvEbg
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nToonE52DG8
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMl-ddFbSF0

Comment

ive used their h30 clone and its great

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            ive used their h30 clone and its great
            Good to hear that, Sir.

I notice both 8 ohm and 16 ohm g12ms are on sale now.

Comment

oh nice! if i didnt already have more speakers than i need, id jump on that

Comment

Arrived today

Pairing it with this.

My EVH at 96db cannot keep up with a H30 at 100db. It makes the cab sound darker because the EVH "lays back"..The cab doesnt sound as in your face/full. The Green Beret is just shy of 100db. I tested it with my V30 the other day and it can hold it's own volume wise.

Comment

AFAIK, it's actually WGS who make them, not Eminence.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                    AFAIK, it's actually WGS who make them, not Eminence.

Yeah might be. They are pretty close to same build component wise.

It still needs break in time. It was horrendous out of the box. Not bad 4 hours later at high volumes. It sounds more like a old H30 than the 70th does. The mojotone is not as dark. Not sure its what I need, but it does sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                      It sounds more like a old H30 than the 70th does. The mojotone is not as dark. Not sure its what I need, but it does sound good.
                      I wouldn't mind giving their take on the V30 a try. I wish that was on sale as well.

You find the 70th Anni dark? I love that speaker, but I think that's one of the brightest, boldest Celestions out nowadays, haha. Each to his own.
                      Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 01-03-2016, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I think the 70th has a harder midrange and high end. It sounds a bit congested and harsh around the edges. The mojotone is smoother in the midrange and has more presence/clarity/depth. Comparitively the 70th sounds dark/distant.

Comment

As an update-This thing finally broke in a bit, just kind of had a "sigh" moment and things started to smooth out

I'm quite sure I am not digging this combination. Unsure if it's the Green Beret, the Mojotone, both, or the amp just prefers to see a 16ohm load vs. the 8ohm total this pairing is running at. The midrange has become bloated/sterile and there's no more marshall "bwang" or high midrange punch. It's polite, and uninspiring. No crunch.

I'm going to pull the green beret and see if putting in my V30 helps. Otherwise it's back to the drawing board (i.e. put the 70th/EVH back in @ 16 ohms total load and sell off a pile of speakers I have laying around)

Comment

Amp prefers a 16 ohm load for sure.

Comment

Working...
                            X