Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This made me laugh !

Just thought i'd post this - made me laugh
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: This made me laugh !

Ehhhh, Glenn Fricker's the type of guy who thinks only his opinion is valid. He will tell you with the utmost certainty until he's blue in the face that he's correct and when asked why, his answer is "because I said so."
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

His point would be valid if anyone out there used 40 amp sims on a gig. The amp sim guys might use 3 or 4 during a show.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
        His point would be valid if anyone out there used 40 amp sims on a gig. The amp sim guys might use 3 or 4 during a show.
        Hell the amp sim guys might use 3 or 4 period.
        Line 6 Helix
        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I watched one of his vids awhile back. I think it was about that MESA cab sim thing.

He annoyed the **** out of me, and his vids kept popping up into my feed for awhile.

I curse like a sailor, but I cannot take a 45+ year old adult who talks like a 15 year old metal kid. Especially when doing "reviews".
          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

That dude needs to relax.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
              That dude needs to relax.
              Just noticed the GIF in your signature...awesome!

And yeah, the dude could use a nice cup of hot tea to simmer down

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                Just noticed the GIF in your signature...awesome!

And yeah, the dude could use a nice cup of hot tea to simmer down

Here's a picture of a lamp. He should use it to lighten the **** up.
                Line 6 Helix
                Dunlop Strings and Picks

Comment

I only clicked on the video to confirm that the bottom of his T-shirt said "Gargle Blaster".
                  Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                  Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

99% of these "Keepers of the Guitar Fath" bozos on YouTube are simply clowns in their Mother's basements. The don't gig therefore they can't get any attention onstage, so the wield their nonexistent authority online like some type of six string police force. It is actually sad when you think about it, bordering on pathetic.

Comment

Is it just me or does he kinda look like Rob Chapman?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post

Here's a picture of a lamp. He should use it to lighten the **** up.
                        I'm Lampy, and I approve this message.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                          Is it just me or does he kinda look like Rob Chapman?

His older dyslexic non-playing brother ?
                          Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Amusing to say the least. Though perhaps overstated, some really valid points.
                            Of course, the message won't be popular on a forum where people obsess over new/different gear and which is best.

Comment

Originally posted by IM4Tone View Post
                              Amusing to say the least. Though perhaps overstated, some really valid points.
                              Of course, the message won't be popular on a forum where people obsess over new/different gear and which is best.
                              The basic premise is spot on. You do not need high end gear to get a "good" tone. However, there is no need to tear down people that use high end gear. Especially making the assumption that people buy good gear to compensate for talent. His anger is also unsettling. Who cares what someone else uses for gear, plays or their skill level. If someone enjoys playing the instrument that is all that matters. If something like that enrages you to the point you need to make a YouTube video, seek help.

Comment

Working...
                              X