Mesa Boogie Mark Tones on a Budget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mesa Boogie Mark Tones on a Budget

I also forgot about the Mesa Trans Atlantic series. Channel 1 has normal and Top boost modes. They are both Vox based, but sound good. Channel 2 has 3 modes, Tweed which can go from clean to classic od, Hi 1 which is a high gain Brit (Marshall) tone, and Hi 2 which is a Boogie based high gain channel. TA-15s(25w) can be found in your price range and sometimes the occasional TA30 (40w).
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

TAs are very cool!

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

I think it's worth saving a little longer to go for the mighty MkIII. True, it takes some time to tweak it enough to use all 3 channels at once, but the tones it produces are as good as any. In fact, I like the MkIII lead channel better than my MkIV's. And it's insanely LOUD. It's a pro-level amp.
        Mesa/Boogie MkIII+ & MkIVb + Mark Series Stack
        Marshall JVM410H
        Charvel 650 Custom-EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
        Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA BKP + Style 1 2H - JB/'59, Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
        ESP Eclipse II EMG 81/60 + Viper Urban Camo + JH-600 SPC (2)
        Carvin DC400CA + DC127T Koa - DD/'59
        Fender Custom Yngwie Strat - Seafoam Green w/rosewood, Fender Yngwie Strat - Sonic Blue w/maple, Fender Telecaster
        Charvel 475 Deluxe + 475 Exotic PATB set
        Ibanez UV7BK, B.C. Rich Eagle - Evo2/Air Norton

Comment

Working...
        X