banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheap, but good, Reliable, pedal power.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cheap, but good, Reliable, pedal power.....

They are functional units that perform well. I don't gig a ton now, but when I first got that thing I was gigging 10-12 times a month and it worked great for that. I had to get creative to mount it under my PT-1, but ended up using velcro and some duct tape to get it to stay.
    Go Packers!

Comment

I don't think it will be an issue being used to much. I'm the guitarist at our church and it would only be used 2-3 times on a Sunday and then at home during adjustment/ practice times.
      sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

I use the one spot. It can power all three of my Bogner pedals (those drain current like a *****), a wah pedal, a chorus, and a flanger all at once without issue. My only complaint? **** gets messy real fast. I should probably build a board so I don't have to see so many messy wires (which I hate). What's also nice about it is that it fits in the "courtesy receptacle" of old Fender amps.

Comment

Cheap, but good, Reliable, pedal power.....

I have a one spot. No complaints. I've gigged with It for the past 8 years and it's never broke. And I break everything. Pedals, strings, picks, guitar straps, amps. My latest victim was ripping the strap lock off the guitar. So for reliability, I give it an A+.

Then again, if you have the money for an isolated power supply, I would go for that. I play noisy punk rock and death metal, so it I have an bunch of buzzing, it doesn't really bother me much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by frostopsy; 01-20-2016, 02:58 PM.

Comment

BBE supra charger or pedal power 2 plus
            better than any one spot

isolated outpout are important

Comment

Originally posted by always SD View Post
              BBE supra charger or pedal power 2 plus
              better than any one spot

isolated outpout are important
              The OP of this thread was asking about a cheap supply. Regardless, I tend to agree on the isolated outputs. There is a decent chance that you are eventually going to end up with a pedal that doesn't like the shared ground. The way I figure it, especially if you are going to have a board with some $200 "boutique" pedals, is that you may as well suck it up and spend the $150 +/- on supply with isolated outputs (isolated ground). Then again, I'm OCD on extraneous noise anyway. Still, I totally get that a daisy chain or cheap supply works for a lot of players. If it's quiet, or quiet enough for the user, then that's all that matters.

Comment

Might be losing the power strip,then!

Thanx for teh links!
                "Scalloped & Stickered"
                A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  You can get a decent iso unit on Amazon for $39 I picked one up for my little board it works great. I also have a OneSpot and never had a problem or bleed with it.

I picked this one up for $21

http://www.amazon.com/Andoer-Guitar-...+supply+guitar
                  I was able to pick this one up from Amazon for $23. Thanks for the recommendation. Can't wait to get all the patch cables in for my effects and try it out. I think it's a good 1,00th post. Thanks again.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	5789872

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                    I was able to pick this one up from Amazon for $23. Thanks for the recommendation. Can't wait to get all the patch cables in for my effects and try it out. I think it's a good 1,00th post. Thanks again.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]69744[/ATTACH]
                    Yeah that's the one I have
                    Also got several of the 1A wall warts and daisy chain cables

Wall warts are $5 or less at amazon
                    As are the daisy cables
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                      Yeah that's the one I have
                      Also got several of the 1A wall warts and daisy chain cables

Wall warts are $5 or less at amazon
                      As are the daisy cables
                      It powers everything I have really well and it's actually really quiet when all 4 of the pedals are on at the same time.... Should be getting 3 more in today or next week sometime.
                      I have a 3 pedal daisy chain somewhere at the house. I wonder if I hook it to the 9V 500 mAid it would work or would it burn up all 3 pedals?

Comment

If you use one of the 500MA outs and don't use any digital pedals
                        The digital pedals pull more current than the analog distortions, compressors, etc
                        EHD

Comment

The correct answer is, determine the current draw if your pedals you'd like to daisy chain, add them up (maybe add a safety factor) and there's your answer.

Better supplies will last longer at the fringes of specifications. I.e. A cheap supply being asked to supply it's max amperage will fail faster than the same supply at 25% of its rating as well as a better supply near the upper edge of its potential.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                            If you use one of the 500MA outs and don't use any digital pedals
                            The digital pedals pull more current than the analog distortions, compressors, etc
                            The TC Flashback and the TC Hall of Fame mini are digital and I will also be running the EHX Silencer.

Comment

Those three should have individual feeds
                              EHD

Comment

The only digital pedal I've ever had an issue with using a one spot is the Digitec Whammy. The One Spot has an adaptor for it, but it doesn't work right with that pedal
                                sigpic
                                Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
                                X