Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eminence Cannabis Rex Questions

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
    I built a black face Princeton circuit but beefed up with bigger trannies and 5881 power tubes. C-Rex was the speaker of choice.
    awesome! where did you get all the parts?
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I used a JTM45 chassis and cut another preamp tube hole and had a faceplate made.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Boo View Post
        3. Has anyone played something other than country/blues with this speaker? (I would be using it in a band that covers everything from country to Van Halen)
        Yep. I use it for everything . . .

Rock lead:
        http://www.soundclick.com/player/sin...&q=hi&newref=1

Jazzy type stuff:

Rage:

Funk stuff:
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I loved this speaker in a single open backed cabinet with my for my VHT Special 12/20RT head. So now four years later... I finally tried two in an open backed cabinet.

TWO of these together is very thick and fluffy sound compared to the mix of a C-Rex and an apparently Jensen inspired speaker that I pulled from a Yamaha F-50. I have no data sheet or specs for the Yamaha so I used an A/B box to compare the relative volume, and the Yamaha was quieter with much more emphasis on the upper mids than the low end. Prior to that, I tried a pair of Eminence Legend 1228K (discontinued alnico speakers) which were VERY crunchy but lacking lows.

Even if the frequency response of the Cannabis Rex isn't ideal, I am committed to the unique voice of the Cannabis Rex so I'd rather get back the missing treble with a booster/EQ or maybe raising my pickups by a millimeter or two.

Comment

Been playing my C-Rex cab open for the last two weeks with my Picovalve with the 6CA7. Five watts of Marshallly goodness.

Sent from my Alcatel_5044C using Tapatalk

Comment

i really like the crex in 1x12 cabs/combos but if id pair it with something toothier if i was gonna use it in a 2x12. i have an eminence lil buddy 10" which is fat and thick but the top is pretty subdued, mixed with a p10q that cab sounds great!

Comment

I use my C. Rex in an open back combo with a V30 in a close backed cab, and really like them together. The C. Rex adds body and a little softness to the V30s sometimes abrasive upper mid thing. The V30 adds more than enough highs and cut into the mix.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Since I last posted in this thread, I've become an Orange fan boy, and can offer a bit more insite. Here is a cover we did of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath with my OR15, and the same cab I've been using with two C-Rex speakers. You can hear that there is plenty of high end, and they sound fat and full.

- Tom

Originally posted by Frankly
                  Some people make the wine. Some people drink the wine. And some people sniff the cork and wonder what might have been.
                  The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn of the Crow.

Comment

Working...
                  X