Cool video about the life of the Tiny Terror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool video about the life of the Tiny Terror

Wish I could figure out how to post a YouTube video from my phone so it shows the video box, not just the link. Oh well....

Moderator Edit: I fixed it for ya, Swampy. - GilmourD

Re: Cool video about the life of the Tiny Terror

Too bad it's being discontinued
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
      Too bad it's being discontinued
      Only the combo is being discontinued

*** actually they are discontinuing the tiny terror
      Last edited by jmh151; 02-04-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Sweet video man, it was cool to school up on some of the Tiny Terror's history, I use mine almost every day! You really can't beat something that gives you so many great tones & so much horsepower in such a small, simple, and easy to use package! The design is just epic in its simplicity & getting a look @ the original mock up sheet & inside one of the original prototypes was pretty awesome too! Now getting my hands on one of those prototypes would be even more epic but I don't expect they'll be turning up on Reverb or eBay anytime soon???

Even when I'm running another amp as my "primary" I've typically got the T.T. pushing a Greenback stocked 2X12 next to it. I like to set it to where it's just starting to break up (typically plugged straight in but sometimes with a E.Q. & Reverb pedal in front of it) so I can kick over to her via a A/B box for those dynamic "dirty cleans" while running one of my 6V6 amps for my "very cleans" with a good stompbox or two for crazy high gain dirt, metal & other modern distortion stuff?

LOL, I think I'd probably sell my sister for that hand wired "Shiny Teror" & matching Racing Green 2X10 cabinet!!! Holy $#!+ that thing is beautiful! I think the only way it could look better is if it were sitting in my living room!!! Oh, & to be fair I'd probably sell my sister for a handful of picks & pack of strings if you caught me on the right day!!!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Very cool to hear the designer's thoughts on it and how the gain works

Comment

I like the part when he says that he didn't want it any bigger than the paper it was drawn on. Kind of Spinal Tap-ish.

Comment

I love mine, for a tiny, light amp it gets a great 70's Black Sabbath tone, and adding a treble booster sends it into Judas Priest territory. It sounds meaner than a Marshall.

I'll be picking up a Micro Dark soon

Comment

I'm surprised they're discontinuing them! I don't own one but I've had fun messing about with them.

Comment

Interesting video. "First three AC/DC albums and Never Mind the Bollocks, that's what it does."

I guess that's why I like mine so much, although I consider it AC/DC to Black Sabbath.

I wish they'd replace it with the exact same amp, only bigger w/FX loop. "The Giant Terror"
                  This time, it should have two octal tube sockets for EL-34's, 6L6, 6V6, an external or self biasing circuit, and be a 30 watter in a larger head box. They'd sell a metric ton of 30W Giant Terrors.
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I'd probably throw down cash on a giant terror, great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                      I wish they'd replace it with the exact same amp, only bigger w/FX loop. "The Giant Terror"
                      This time, it should have two octal tube sockets for EL-34's, 6L6, 6V6, an external or self biasing circuit, and be a 30 watter in a larger head box. They'd sell a metric ton of 30W Giant Terrors.
                      This is pretty much the amp people have wanted for ten years.

I don't really understand what Orange is doing. If I were in the market for a hand-wired amp, a 15w lunchbox wouldn't be my first choice. Discontinuing their most popular amp also seems strange, although there'll pretty much always be a used market for them.

All that said, the people at Orange are all much better businessmen than I, and know much more about the subject than I do.

Comment

Fixed.
                        Nope...

Comment

Originally posted by Lampy H View Post
                          This is pretty much the amp people have wanted for ten years.

I don't really understand what Orange is doing. If I were in the market for a hand-wired amp, a 15w lunchbox wouldn't be my first choice. Discontinuing their most popular amp also seems strange, although there'll pretty much always be a used market for them.

All that said, the people at Orange are all much better businessmen than I, and know much more about the subject than I do.

Wouldn't be shocked if that isn't whats coming next. Give it a year, maybe two to get people missing the TT then come out with a bigger badder brother with many of the desired upgrades.
                          Originally posted by Aceman
                          It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by GilmourD View Post
                            Fixed.
                            Thanks!! Mucho Bueno-er! Lol

Comment

I guess the odd part is, the albums he references are all done with marshalls, no? Or did the sex pistols use oranges? (Found an article - it was a fender). So its gain is based on a Marshall and a Fender.
                              Last edited by DankStar; 02-04-2016, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X