banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS THIS OK: plug a guitar through a bass head, into a guitar cab.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IS THIS OK: plug a guitar through a bass head, into a guitar cab.

Originally posted by everdrone View Post
    thanks guys, this amp killer, I will save up for it

Ill look into figuring out how to replace tubes if one fails at a gig

I called Quilter and they confirmed they have a super awesome amp!

it matches whatever ohm you throw at it automatically. so it can handle my orange 212PPC or both of my 212PPC cabs.

also, the wattage is variable at any watt! so if you want 20 watts, it does that. or 40, or 50 or 55 or 56... he said that it does not double power or go down in power, it just matches power to the attenuator knob automatically. so if I dial in 20 watts at my 16ohms then it gives me 20 watts and so on.

pure genius! WANT
    As long as you're installing the same brand / type of tube, you should be able to finish your gig without re-biasing. The tubes might not bias optimally, but they'll still work and should sound decent if not their best. Have the amp biased ASAP after the gig for your new tubes to last and sound their best.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Re: IS THIS OK: plug a guitar through a bass head, into a guitar cab.

thanks man, my drummer said the same (he has built amps) but I did not know the part about biasing asap after the gig that the tubes faulted on. thanks My drummer is gonna take a look at my amp next band practice to show me some stuff

Comment

Working...
      X