amp issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amp issues

so i have a fender frontman 65 r and it sound ok..... sometimes...... see when i move the volume knob 1 feels like 1/2 and 2 feels like 11 so whats up? it doesn't have an in between either.....
    [shameless advertisement] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1..._as=subscriber

Originally posted by BloodRose
    And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Re: amp issues

Not sure exactly what you're asking. Are you saying that the "drive volume" goes from low to high volume with nothing in between?

Do you have the "gain" all the way up?

Could be a bad pot. You could have it repaired, but I would suggest saving that money to invest in a better amp.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

That is actually typical with that amp. Fender used the wrong taper pot for the volume knob. I built a volume box for mine and put it in the effects loop. I was able to dial in my tone and turn it down so I didn't piss off the neighbors.
      -Greg

Guitars:
      2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
      2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
      2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
      Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Originally posted by skyydogg01 View Post
        That is actually typical with that amp. Fender used the wrong taper pot for the volume knob. I built a volume box for mine and put it in the effects loop. I was able to dial in my tone and turn it down so I didn't piss off the neighbors.
        i figured it was somethin like that. how big a pain in the ass is it to repair? cuz i really like this amp i just dislike its lack of a volume.

And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Comment

Another suggestion would be to buy a volume pedal (probably cost less that a repair on the amp) and put it in the effects loop.

Comment

ive honestly never used a volume pedal so i was thikin of fixing it but if that works ill go for it i know that alot of them are passive and super cheap suggestions?

Comment

I got my first vol pedal in 1969. Been using them ever since. My current setup uses either 2 or 3 amps, so the vol pedals help me to control the balance as well as the volume. I don't know that I would ever be without one.

Comment

The volume box I was talking about is basically a volume pedal in knob form. So, either would work.
                -Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

does the kind i get matter tone wise cuz i noticed alot of different volume pedals options are out there.

Comment

Simple answer..."no".

I've been using this for 10 years. Works great and never had a problem with it. I got this stereo model to control two amps, but it works fine in mono mode.
                    Get the guaranteed best price on Volume & Expression Effects Pedals like the BOSS FV-50H Stereo Volume Pedal at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Comment

Working...
                    X