banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alnico Magnets in Nazgul 6 String Humbucker...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alnico Magnets in Nazgul 6 String Humbucker...

How come the swap didn't work for you Sun King? What I did was get the lead out of the way. Use 2 spacers on each side, plus one layer of tape around 1 spacer on each side and it worked perfectly. It's maybe 30 minutes of tinkering. The bobbin securing screws are long enough.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Sun King, I saw your old post with that picture...you were just worried about the silver ground wires on the outside of the coils, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Masta' C View Post
        Sun King, I saw your old post with that picture...you were just worried about the silver ground wires on the outside of the coils, right?
        Yep. Especially that one that's soldered from the coil all the way to the baseplate. Well anyway I'll leave that for someone else to tackle. Nazgul is kind of off my radar these days anyway.
        Last edited by Sun King; 02-20-2020, 11:48 PM.
        Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Natural Gloss), Custom/59-A4
        Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Cat's Eye Pearl), Black Winter/Sentient-A2
        Schecter Blackjack SLS, Full Shred/Jazz
        Marshall DSL-40CR

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
          How come the swap didn't work for you Sun King? What I did was get the lead out of the way. Use 2 spacers on each side, plus one layer of tape around 1 spacer on each side and it worked perfectly. It's maybe 30 minutes of tinkering. The bobbin securing screws are long enough.
          Hey there Clint, well it wasn't that the lead was in the way, more that it had no "slack" so to speak, or flexibility. So I'm sure someone could put in any standard-thickness magnet and use spacers, like you said, but to go any thicker seems to risk pulling that wire off its solder joint on the baseplate. The "urge" to experiment and mag-swap was just not that great in this case! Glad you were able to make it work for you, and I'm sure your new post here will help out anyone interested in this Nazgul mag-swap idea.
          Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Natural Gloss), Custom/59-A4
          Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Cat's Eye Pearl), Black Winter/Sentient-A2
          Schecter Blackjack SLS, Full Shred/Jazz
          Marshall DSL-40CR

Comment

Working...
          X