Tremolos and stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tremolos and stuff.

Okay, normally I hate tremolos ( because my cort has a cheap one ) but I would like to discuss about it a little.

Recently I've been checking out some Ibanezez and noticed that the edge zero 2 tremolo is not only on 400$ guitars, but also on 1000$+ ones. And I was wondering, could it be that the one in the lower priced one is a cheap version?

I'm also not very familiar with the quality of Ibanez tremolos. I mean with floyd rose, I know that the 1000 ones are pretty good, but the original floyd is the best option ( to say in tune etc. ).

So, in terms of tuning stability where would you rank the edge zero 2 compared to a floyd rose? Is it like the " Floyd Rose Special " or does it stay in tune as good as the 1000 and above?

Re: Tremolos and stuff.

I don't think that "Staying in tune" is the major concern about cheap Floyds.

Properly set up, with the posts solid in the guitar body, and with the edges intact any of those will stay in tune.

Comment

Re: Tremolos and stuff.

The Edge Zero 2 is installed in Ibanez that are made in Indonesia, including the cheaper regular RG, S, and more expensive Premiums (including Steve Vai blue floral). The stability is on par with the high end Edge installed in Prestige. It's low profile and very smooth. Compared to the German Floyd, even the Edge Zero 2 is much, much better. I am speaking based on my own experience. I have guitars with Edge, Edge Zero 2 and OFR.

The expensive version of EZ2 is Edge Zero installed in Prestige. I never tried it.

Comment

Working...
      X