Vintage V100: gave it a shot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage V100: gave it a shot...

I really wanted to like it but I hate the narrow neck. It just gives it a 'cheap' feel .... Although it really was cheap :-)

I would love to find a lawsuit-worthy LP clone with a fat/wide neck

Suggestions ?

Thx

Re: Vintage V100: gave it a shot...

Many old and new Tokai
    Old Burny and Greco
    Some Edwards
    Epiphone Joe B models

None of them are wide, at least wide like say a Jackson or 2015 Gibson. But they are roughly around the thickness of what you would find on a r9. Most are D shape, with some shoulders. Not my thing. Might be yours
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

+ another for good MIJ,but not familiar enough w/the specific models...
      "Scalloped & Stickered"
      A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

My Hondos both had really beefy necks. I got a nice Epi LP and got rid of it immediately because the neck felt half the size of my crappy plywood Hondo LP...

Comment

Bump. I like 60s slim necks. Any recent experiences with these Vintage V100s?

Comment

my tokai was a great guitar but had a pretty skinny neck. i think many of these had a far amount of variation

Comment

I have played Vintage V100 guitars - I like 'em. The goldtop with P-90's was calling my name.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
                Bump. I like 60s slim necks. Any recent experiences with these Vintage V100s?
                I have one with mini humbuckers. I like the slim neck because I have hard time playing Les Paul like guitars that have a fatter neck. I have a Epi G-400 1966 pro that has a fat neck to me, but somehow that doesn't bother me.

To me the v100 is good quality. Pickups are Wilkinson and think the hardware is also Wilkinson. I have never looked in the control cavity of my v100, but I've read that these guitars have different kind of wiring. So if you were to change the pickups, then you might have to change the wiring. The V100 is on par with Epiphone Les Paul standards (the basic models). The newer v100s have different sculpturing where the neck meets the body. I mean like easier access to higher up the neck
                Click image for larger version

Name:	10082895.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	5817617
                Last edited by Lovegun; 11-22-2019, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X