Boss GT-100, anyone using one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss GT-100, anyone using one?

Hey! Yes Aceman, you are correct, totally new to FX, I heard a few demos and jumped at this GT 100, so, reading and re-reading stuff now. Been trying to down load the Boss tone studio but for some reason keep getting a message that the drivers aren't installed, even tho I've done it and redone it a few times. I'm running Windows 7 and even had Boss on the phone and they can't get it to load. so, I'll keep plugging away. thx

Comment

Just settle down and read the book. Edit a patch, save a patch, name it. Then work on crafting sounds. Distortion, then eq then swirly stuff if you want. It isn't that hard. Just takes some time to dial in something decent. Less of everything is probably better....
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Cool, will do, oh yeah, I got the boss tone studio installed, it helps if you have the right driver

Comment

I like swirly stuff (phase and flange) before distortion a lot of the time, chorus works nice after. But, that's the one of the nice things about the GT (and pretty much all multi-fx these days), you can move effects around see where you like it, and/or have patches with them in different locations.

Comment

Hi, just wondering has anyone had an opportunity to use both.. older models of the GT series and this new one? How is the sound, functionality and easy of use in dark dimly lit environments like stage?

I have a original GT-5 that I bought long time ago that I had used live for 15+ years more of less. The thing still works fine. Now that I am slowly getting back into playing in live bands again now that the kids are older and I have more time. I am debating whether its worth me upgrading to a newer model of the GT series? The old one works fine but I assume guitar multi-effects units have come a long ways since the mid 90s.

I have used newer guitar technology but only software based.. such as BIAS in iPad, NI GuitarRig as well I have and use vstudio to practice with headphones at home. That thing has COSM software technology. I don't know if I am that impressed with the sound of it -- but it was good enough for practicing.

I guess my question is, is it worth upgrading if the old one works fine?

Comment

Working...
            X