Suggest me a chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest me a chorus

Digitech CF-7 will make any chorus sound you need.

I'm gonna suggest go get an old Washburn Accelerator chorus off ebay (Blue one)- A-SC7
    Arion Stereo chorus will hit that also.

Mooer Ensemble King is not a bad choice….in the CE-2 style.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Well, I have to mention the Catalina Chorus, which can do what you want, and more. It is out of the price range, though. A chorus is something I used for years- lately, I tend to be more into a phaser.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Gainstage View Post
        Doesn't that have a built in delay or reverb thing?
        Overdrive with built in delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Well, I have to mention the Catalina Chorus, which can do what you want, and more. It is out of the price range, though. A chorus is something I used for years- lately, I tend to be more into a phaser.

I'm almost always running chorus and delay. My amp has them built in but they seem to sound like they are in a hole or something. Plus you can't really get a lot of range from them. I do love a mxr phase 90

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
            I'm looking for a very specific type of chorus sound. Think 80's metal chorus..ala def leppard hysteria and a lot of iron maiden type chorus tones. I wanna keep this pedal down around 100 bucks new or used. What are the suggestions you guys have for me ?
            Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
            I've owned a boss chorus but it wasn't getting me the times I was after.
            I had the boss ch 1 super Chorus
            The super is a different beast to the classic ce2. I reckon for your needs, a Boss Ce-3 will do it. Ce-2s are pricey but you can easily mod a ce3 to sound as good. One cap change will give you a fatter bottom end like the ce2, but the very 80s ce3 sound did not happen by accident. Roland engineers thinned the low end out specifically for that 80s hifi sound. Plus you get stereo for serious 80s action. See how you like it, fatten it up if you need to, or flip it on ebay for what you paid and you wont lose out.
            Last edited by Chickenwings; 06-15-2016, 07:33 PM.
            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I very well may try that. I love to tinker around on things anyways .

Comment

I would suggest "Bye bye Miss America pie". Love that chorus

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I have to say I hate that
                  Chorus lol. From Demos I'm digging the mxr black label chorus, tc elec corona and the dreamscape pedals.

The boss pedal is intriguing but idk about it. I'm not a have fan of boss pedals. Anyone tried the way huge chorus ? Pros / cons?
                  Last edited by loversmoon; 06-16-2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I use a Whammy pedal's detune setting for my chorus. That being said, in addition to the toneprints on tc's stuff, you also have access to a toneprint editor, allowing you to dial in your ideal core chorus tone to taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Falloffthebonetone View Post
                      I use a Whammy pedal's detune setting for my chorus. That being said, in addition to the toneprints on tc's stuff, you also have access to a toneprint editor, allowing you to dial in your ideal core chorus tone to taste.
                      Exactly my thoughts as well. That pitch detune chorus effect is too cool, it actually has no modulation speed just the illusion of detuning the notes slightly. I have got to get another Whammy V I miss that pedal so much, the 5th harmonizer modes are amazing. I thought my latest modeler adventure would allow me to replace some pedals, man that never works out I must have bit that apple a few times.
                      Whammy V, though kids, outstanding pedal, polyphonic tracking, no glitch outs like the old Whammys. So much you can do with it including that *****in' chorus detune. tc makes great stuff, they keep coming out with new stuff that is just amazing. Seen that new SubNup pedal? I just got a message on that new Walrus Audio Octave generator pedal, wow, daddy want.

(really, censoring b i t c h i n' has the religious puritanical nonsense gone too far?)
                      "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
                      You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

Suggest a chorus?

Join a mid-size female chorus on tour as a driver. Fun.
                        Wackor
                        Ørdøg
                        NecroPolo
                        Diabolus in Musica
                        SIDrip Alliance
                        Book of Shadows
                        RKH

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                          The super is a different beast to the classic ce2. I reckon for your needs, a Boss Ce-3 will do it. Ce-2s are pricey but you can easily mod a ce3 to sound as good. One cap change will give you a fatter bottom end like the ce2, but the very 80s ce3 sound did not happen by accident. Roland engineers thinned the low end out specifically for that 80s hifi sound. Plus you get stereo for serious 80s action. See how you like it, fatten it up if you need to, or flip it on ebay for what you paid and you wont lose out.
                          whats the diff tween the ce2 or 3 and the CE5? anyone know? I have the CE5
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Or you can just get a better designed pedal also sans crappy buffers.
                            "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
                            You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

^yeah yeah...what ever floats your boat!

If you wanna go all out 80's and such....

Comment

Try the chorus on a Scholz Rockman - rack or box unit.
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X