Suggest me a chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest me a chorus

Anyone ever play the voodoo labs analog chorus? Supposed to be a CE-1 clone.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I love the TC helix phaser. Using the Petrucci "rush" toneprint. Really really good.

I really want to try a Catalina.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
        That's my current chorus. Lush and rich, not overly "shimmery" like some of the digital ones. I mostly use it with high rate and depth for the faux Leslie sound, but slower settings are nice to add movement to clean guitar parts.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

They stopped making the voodoo. Still pop up on reverb and eBay.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Get one with a nice graphic so that it looks pretty when you get sick of it and put it on a shelf for the rest of its life.
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

yep i had one of those. I liked it but i prefer the sound of the ce2 (or modded ce3 - thanks vasshu for the tips). They sound a little thicker.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                I ended up going with a boss ce-5. I'm gonna try it at band practice tonight . Hopefully it fits well
                did you buy it the day before the new ce2w came out?
                I worked with a harp player who always had a ce5 on his board. He always made it sound good.
                "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I'll let you know on the voodoo

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Did not know it was a CE1 Clone. Discontinued (ran out of original bbd chips) but seems reasonably priced on reverb, etc.
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I'm a child of the 80's. I think clean guitar MEANS chorus….
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

mine is the liquid chorus
                        visual sound and it's very good

the other would be the anadime chorus

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
                          yep i had one of those. I liked it but i prefer the sound of the ce2 (or modded ce3 - thanks vasshu for the tips). They sound a little thicker.
                          +1

I had one and it was pretty good, but my CE-2 is better. If I were in the market for a higher end chorus these days, I'd want to try a CE-2W before buying something else.
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
                            Thanks for the tip. Did not know it was a CE1 Clone. Discontinued (ran out of original bbd chips) but seems reasonably priced on reverb, etc.
                            I'll let you know. Soemone accepted my offer on reverb.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I kind of want to A/B my Voodoo Lab against a CE-2w (and Analogman Chorus & RetroSonic choruses as well)
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I ended up going with a boss ce-5. I'm gonna try it out with the band tomorrow night. Hopefully it stands out and cuts through the mix

Comment

Working...
                                X