• Show
Clear All

Re: Suggest me a chorus

$65 on reverb

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Had the Voodoolab one....even modded it...but it never sounded much like a CE-1 or 2.

Comment

Interesting. Will let you know. Cheap enough to flip if they doesn't work out.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Lovepedal Butterfly Kiss has my attention too

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon View Post
            Had the Voodoolab one....even modded it...but it never sounded much like a CE-1 or 2.
            Hrmmmmmmm.....
            I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

VL sounds good. My only point is that I don't remember what an old Boss sounds like.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

So they ran out of the Panasonic BBD chips and had to stop making the Analog Chorus. Same chips Boss used on the CE-1.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I'm a child of the 80's. I think clean guitar MEANS chorus….
                  me too amigo.. I am still trying to nail that perfect hair chorus...
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by loversmoon View Post
                    I ended up going with a boss ce-5. I'm gonna try it out with the band tomorrow night. Hopefully it stands out and cuts through the mix
                    well??
                    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

so, am I reading that the voodoo is the who do of chorus lushness?? Ive tried a few diff ones and haven't found Exactly what Im seeking. Cant afford many more attempts..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

What the voodoo lab chorus pedals go for new?? IIRC, Im thinking about $159 right?? here is a heckuva deal on one...... Only $922 plus $69 shipping.... insane..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

That's hilarious. $65 on reverb. I think they were $99 street price in the day.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

If anybody pays this much for this thing, then they need their heads examined!!!
                            Was not really that interesting in the first place, and the seller is just plain nuts!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                              That's hilarious. $65 on reverb. I think they were $99 street price in the day.
                              That sounds about right; I bought mine used, but it was in the $60-80 range I think.

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                              so, am I reading that the voodoo is the who do of chorus lushness?? Ive tried a few diff ones and haven't found Exactly what Im seeking. Cant afford many more attempts..
                              The Voodoo Labs chorus is overrated IMO. It sounds better than something entry level (like a Boss CH-1 for example), but it really isn't anything special. Mine was kind of noisy and it came up light years short of my CE-2 in terms of overall tone.

If I didn't have that CE-2 and was shopping for a chorus now, I'd first want to give the new CE-2W a try. I may do that anyway, but I won't be buying one unless I'm absolutely blown away. If the CE-2W didn't make the cut, I'd look into the Retro Sonic or Red Witch. Neither is cheap, but they're both far more lush than a Voodoo Labs.
                              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Whole lot more expensive the VL too, though.
                                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                                X