X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Special

sounds like they might be released in the next couple of weeks

Meet the Saturday Night Special humbucker set. These pickups are made with Alnico 4 magnets to give a balanced, vintage tonality.

Summary
    Meet the Saturday Night Special bridge humbucker. This pickup is made with Alnico 4 magnets to give a balanced, vintage tonality. Think late 70s arena rock tones with full-bodied cleans and bold, vocal-like overdriven leads.

Description
    Unlike traditional humbuckers, the Saturday Night Special humbuckers are voiced to be a little hotter and fatter in the bridge position, and a little clearer and less “wooly” in the neck. They’re more aggressive than 50s-style models, but without the compression of most high gain pickups. These bridge the output level gap between vintage 50s and modern humbuckers, making this pickup set perfect for replicating those legendary 70s arena rock tones.

DCR:9.75 BRIDGE
    DCR:7.90 NECK
    MAGNET:ALNICO 4

Re: Saturday Night Special

Take my money already! Exactly what I have been looking for!

Comment

Nice specs and description. I'm interested.

Comment

Wish I'd have known sooner.

Would be interested in seeing how the Saturday Night Special compares with the DMZ PAF® Master Bridge.

Store owner recommended a DMZ and it seemed like the perfect pickup and Just installed this pickup in a 2003 SG. We are on the honeymoon and getting to know each other. So far, bright and easy to control, gets crunch, and has a firm bass. Doesn't seem to have much compression. So far, its a nice pickup. Have the matching neck pick up also.

PAF® Master Bridge
        DP261

Tech Talk
        We chose Alnico 4 for the PAF® Master Bridge Model because of its high iron content and energy coefficient. AL4 lends more body and attack to the sound than you might expect from a pickup with relatively low output voltage and DC resistance specs. The PAF® Master Bridge Model is not a loud pickup, but it feels hot because of its fast and aggressive response to pick attack.

Specs
        Wiring: 4 Conductor (1 Conductor optional)
        Magnet: Alnico 4
        Output mV: 278
        DC Resistance: 7.69 Kohm
        Year of Introduction: 2014

Tone Guide
        Treble: 5.0
        Mid: 6.0
        Bass: 5.0
        That is not dead which can eternal lie,
        And with strange aeons even death may die.

Comment

I hope some of you buy a set of these... and hate them...
          I really don't need to know about another set of pickups I "have to have". If they are great, which I suspect they may be, just don't tell me.

Comment

Might have to buy a guitar just to put these in.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

This looks super cool! If I wanted SD to design a new pickup, something like this would have been it - basically an overwound PAF, something with more beef than the usual bridge in a calibrated PAF set.

Actually, I would like pretty much all the PAF-style bridges with more beef - Pearly Gates, AII Pro, 59, WLH, etc.

There have been a few higher output PAF derivatives like Screamin Demon and (arguably) Perpetual Burn, but nothing that's vintage voiced. For a while, I've felt that the choices were just "PAF bridge", "specialized (usually shreddy) mid-output pickup", and "high output (JB, Custom, etc.)".

Comment

Originally posted by Condemned soul View Post
                Wish I'd have known sooner.

Would be interested in seeing how the Saturday Night Special compares with the DMZ PAF[emoji768] Master Bridge.

Store owner recommended a DMZ and it seemed like the perfect pickup and Just installed this pickup in a 2003 SG. We are on the honeymoon and getting to know each other. So far, bright and easy to control, gets crunch, and has a firm bass. Doesn't seem to have much compression. So far, its a nice pickup. Have the matching neck pick up also.

PAF[emoji768] Master Bridge
                DP261

Tech Talk
                We chose Alnico 4 for the PAF[emoji768] Master Bridge Model because of its high iron content and energy coefficient. AL4 lends more body and attack to the sound than you might expect from a pickup with relatively low output voltage and DC resistance specs. The PAF[emoji768] Master Bridge Model is not a loud pickup, but it feels hot because of its fast and aggressive response to pick attack.

Specs
                Wiring: 4 Conductor (1 Conductor optional)
                Magnet: Alnico 4
                Output mV: 278
                DC Resistance: 7.69 Kohm
                Year of Introduction: 2014

Tone Guide
                Treble: 5.0
                Mid: 6.0
                Bass: 5.0

The PAF Master set is one that I was hoping to like, but just didn't work out for my needs. Wish it would have.

Comment

Those sound VERY intriguing! Sure hope to hear some demos soon!

[emoji450]Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk [emoji441]
                  Originally posted by The Commodores?
                  "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Damn, I may have to deal with the crazy dude in town that gets all the Duncan stuff. Gotta love a guy that only takes cash and throws a fit about giving you a receipt.

Comment

They may have these at NAMM, so if you are in the area, stop by this weekend and try them ( I think there is a public day).
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm getting ready to buy another Les Paul and I am gonna buy a set of these so they are ready to throw in.

Comment

Skynyrd tone?

Comment

.38 Special?
                            "Scalloped & Stickered"
                            A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

This set is really intriguing. I am all about the 70s rock. think it would suit my #2 Les Paul perfectly.to address it's "issues". . But that guitar will get some distortions and is going to my son.

The whole lotta bridge is right at my threshold of "hot", and I wouldnt go hotter. but Im anxious to hear others get a handle on these and give a review.
                              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
                              X