X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saturday Night Special

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
    This set is really intriguing. I am all about the 70s rock. think it would suit my #2 Les Paul perfectly.to address it's "issues". .
    A set of p/ups is def cheaper than another LP.

Just sayin'...

"Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Rand-O-Monium View Post
      A set of p/ups is def cheaper than another LP.

Just sayin'...

True, but I dont plan on replacing the #2. Its going to my son. My 245 is also on the way out.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

[*gasp*] Duncan is finally making production pickups with A4 magnets?!?!?

Spec-wise these are similar to the old PRS McCarty pickups, which I love.

Comment

Demos will be forthcoming, as these get out in the wild. I think an interesting pickup area is the 'expanded PAF-types', like this SNS, the WLH, and even the 59/Custom. That is the area that I tend to really like.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm more than pleased to see a production p'up voiced around an A4 magnet.

I foresee a lot more Custom Shop Floor orders of classic p'ups with A4 mags in the near future.

HTH,

Comment

I wonder if this set is offered as a "boutique killer" alternative?

It surely is priced that way... any comment welcome.

Comment

Sounds extremely interesting!!!
                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post

Hard to tell. People can already get a PAF class pickup from Mojotone and select magnet choices and even a few levels of resistance. Since many are made to order (with a frequently swift turnaround), it's not unheard of to be able to call them for a specific tweak. And they are priced much more affordable than most of the boutique options.

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post

Why on earth would Seymour offer this set at that price point with short legs and 4 conductor wire?

Kinda completely missing this pickups target audience (1970's arena rock = Les Paul Custom and Matshall stack). LP's owners want long mounting legs & single wire .....and lightly reliced nickel covers in the $250+ "boutique" price range. Guess it's going to be a call into a Shop Floor custom order.

Comment

May not fit in your LP, but they'll go fine in my SG.

Sent from my iPad using a bunch of electrons, copper, and probably some fiber optic cable
                      "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
                        May not fit in your LP, but they'll go fine in my SG.

Sent from my iPad using a bunch of electrons, copper, and probably some fiber optic cable
                        ^^^ this ^^^

Not everyone wants to put pickups in Lesters.

Comment

Very interesting. I'll look forward to your review Darth.
                          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by jmh151 View Post
                            Skynyrd tone?
                            That's the first thing that popped in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Duke View Post
                              Very interesting. I'll look forward to your review Darth.
                              Well, let's not put the cart before the horse.

It has to hit the market first.

Comment

Skynyrds tone was mostly the Peavey Maces not the pickups.
                                They used everything from Stratocasters to Lester's to Explorers.
                                The Mace was a huge part of the original Skynyrd sound.
                                It'll be interesting to hear them but I'm thinking these are just a new flavor of PAF type humbucker with the A4 mags that have become so popular. The hotter wind in the bridge with the flatter EQ of the A4 sounds awesome. I just got a set of Tone Emporium PAFs with this same recipe I just gotta figure out what I'm putting them in.

Comment

Working...
                                X