X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Saturday Night Special

Originally posted by Shooter.556 View Post
    Skynyrds tone was mostly the Peavey Maces not the pickups.
    They used everything from Stratocasters to Lester's to Explorers.
    The Mace was a huge part of the original Skynyrd sound.
    You are overthinking it

Mr. Saturday Night Special...got a barrel that's blue and cold...aint good for nothing...but put a man six feet in a hole..
    Last edited by JeffB; 06-26-2016, 08:03 PM.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I guess this offering is not that interesting after all... no br00talz celebrity to vouch for'em, only us old farts with ears for tone seems to be interested.

Sign of times, I guess... *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by LtKojak View Post
        I guess this offering is not that interesting after all... no br00talz celebrity to vouch for'em, only us old farts with ears for tone seems to be interested.

Teh brewtalz

“That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Wonder if they will do a trem bucker? A slightly overwound PAF style would go great in a Superstrat for early 80s tones.

Comment

^^^ this ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyO View Post
              Wonder if they will do a trem bucker? A slightly overwound PAF style would go great in a Superstrat for early 80s tones.
              I actually got out of bed this morning with this exact thought

Comment

Hahaha, ok. Whatever.

Thanks for the laugh though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, boohoo! Hahaha, ok. Whatever.

Thanks for the laugh though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With an A4 in the neck this could be similar to a production A4 59 that some folks have been interested in

Comment

I'm thinking that at just under 10K, that SNS bridge may be not unlike the BroBucker, a pickup which I like very much indeed. Minus the degaussed A5, of course, but a UA5 might bring it pretty close. Bet they're great with A4s though. As others have said, it's about time. I have two sets (boutique vintage-spec winds) that came stock with A4s and they're both excellent.
                      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyO View Post
                        I would assume it could be ordered that way, though you'd have to ask the dealer if/what the upcharge might be.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Being a production p'up, it shouldn't be any upcharge for the Trembucker format... but what do I know, uh?

Comment

Cool concept for sure.
                            "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

while waiting for the past several weeks for more info on a release date for the SNS set, I did talk to the main pickup engineer at Mojotone about an A4-based set. he had already mentioned a new model for this Fall called the Hot Classic, so he sent me a sneak preview version of the Hot Classic with A4 mags that arrived today. really great set. looking forward to what Duncan decides to do about the SNS set. I'd like to match them up in a rundow, as they are in the same class with very similar specs.

Comment

Originally posted by darthphineas View Post
                                ^^^ this ^^^

Not everyone wants to put pickups in Lesters.
                                Yeah, I prefer my LP with no pickups in it..... ???? haha
                                Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                                X