Your very first pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your very first pedal

I think mine was one of the $10 FAB pedals from Danelectro, maybe the flanger? I can't remember for sure
    Epiphone Explorer w/ SD Distortions
    Charvel Desolation Soloist w/ EMG 81/85
    Squier Standard HH Strat

Comment

TS9 circa 1983. Tried every distortion in the place...many pedals....drove the old man who owned the store up the wall...but that's OK....he was cheap prick. I had NO idea about pedals at that time...just knew you stomped on 'em and they did "stuff". I still feel a bit of pride that my young and inexperienced ears picked out THE distortion pedal.

Comment

It was some sort of Boss Chorus. It did do Andy Summers and Alex Lifeson really well. It might have been stereo. Though I only ever used it through one amp.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Korg AX1G multi effects processor. Still have it, but haven't plugged into it for a few years.
          sigpic
          Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

My first pedal was a beat up EHX Small Clone purchased in 2000, and it was either an original or an early reissue. I kind of wish I hadn't sold it because I've played lots of Small Clones since then and none of them sounded anywhere near as good.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Got it from a music store in Japan...1983!
                Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

My first was a D.O.D distortion pedal I bought in '85. I had to have a distortion pedal to play Maiden and Priest, right? Only, I didn't know that you don't run a pedal with the amps distortion cranked. Peavey Audition 20. So it sounded like crap, and I didn't use it for nearly 3 years until a friend showed me that it sounded a lot better through a cleaner amp setting.

Comment

mine was the legendary RAT 2 that I bought in 1988.. I still own it and its pretty mint still

Click image for larger version

Name:	1988 ProCo Rat.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	5794081

Comment

Mine was a Rock Tek Metal pedal.. or something like that...
                      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Name:	ross-phaser-Ax.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	5794082

Perhaps not surprisingly, I never used it - was far more interested in my buddy's BOSS Heavy Metal pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
                          mine was the legendary RAT 2 that I bought in 1988.. I still own it and its pretty mint still

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74612[/ATTACH]
                          Gotta Love It!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was a Next Distortion X. The 'Wave' control let you specify what 'era' of distortion that was popular. You could set it to your birthday.

Name:	cd88aecd.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	5794085
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

MXR Distortion +, 1980, no LED or AC, just battery powered. Two knobs of fun, would drive my parents crazy with that thing.......

Comment

I think I had a Boss CE-3, back in the 80s. I don't use chorus any more, but when I think of "chorus" that's the sound I think of.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X