No announcement yet.

Your gear (all of it) does NOT matter !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your gear (all of it) does NOT matter !

i for one cannot get the sound i want out of a small roland cube. HA!

Comment

No matter what equipment I use, I still sound the like me. God*mn it...

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
        *cough* thetoneking *cough*
        That dude manages to make all expensive gear of any brand sound bland with his 18-year old playing.

What the hell...the fact that he can't play is probably what makes any gear sound like how it is supposed to sound: without any interference from the skill of the player that can mislead the listener. That's probably why gear makers keep throwing stuff at him for reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
          whilst I am sure that Morello would have written differently without that pedal, would listeners and guitarists have taken as much notice? Of RATM perhaps, but of him?
          No. Tom Morello woulda a been Mick Mars of punk rock. I think he sucks very very bad. Sorry.

I just can't cope with the fact that guitar magazines actually condone stupidity like this. Well...Guitar World actually included Beavis & Butthead as one of 100 most influential people in guitar (April 1994 issue).

The beauty of electric guitar. If you can't play, you can hide behind what your gear is capable of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
            No. Tom Morello woulda a been Mick Mars of punk rock. I think he sucks very very bad. Sorry.

I just can't cope with the fact that guitar magazines actually condone stupidity like this. Well...Guitar World actually included Beavis & Butthead as one of 100 most influential people in guitar (April 1994 issue).

The beauty of electric guitar. If you can't play, you can hide behind what your gear is capable of doing.
            Unfortunately this is true. I've spent a long life with electric guitars and the only way to keep honest is to minimise the effects. I practice without an amp a lot too, just to make sure. Any rumours of me wearing a hair shirt and whipping myself with nettles are, however, exaggerated.

HTC One Mini 2 - Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X