banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I'm a bass player now! And Bass DI owner...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I'm a bass player now! And Bass DI owner...

I need to get back into playing bass, a lot of fun playing bass!

Comment

me too. i played bass in a few bands over the years and i had a blast

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Lead vocal.
        OK - this is going better than I thought. Groovy groove on that tune!
        Good luck with it. Playing a walking bass line and singing a different melody is no easy task when you haven't done it very much. Have fun with it. Is anybody going to be there to get a video of it?

I just replaced the nut on my daughter's Squier 5-string Jazz Bass. She got it for her birthday from Grandpa but the slots were too low in the nut and I finally was able to get it taken care of. Next is new strings. One snapped near the tuning peg and is now too short to get it around the post. DOH!
        Last edited by ErikH; 09-28-2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

No doubt just playing bass could be fun. and when I say "just playing bass" I mean vs learning Olympic caliber guitar solos...

Bass = 1 Bass, 1 DI, good 1/4 to 1/8 notes

Guitar = Amp, Cab, 20 pedals, 4 guitars + acoustic, 16th to 32nd notes
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I've been finding some nice gritty places on it. Not distortion per se, but definitely a little dirty....

It was really tough shopping for DI's. I almost went eden World Tour because it had a compressor and expander...I think the IDEAL DI would be:

Clean with bass/mid/treble
            Cool tone shaper switch (Slap, deep, mid shift, etc...)
            Distortion - that ran from OD to fuzz, with blend, and maybe a presence or something else that kicked in when you went distortion
            Compression

I'm sure there is such a thing, and that it is expensive! I guess Sansamp + distortion pedal + EQ pedal + compressor would do all that....
            Actually the MXR m80 has a lot of that (clean with eq, color switch, auto color/eq when distortion is engaged, full blend, gate with trigger control) the distortion isn't really an OD or a fuzz though. If only they made a B:assmaster D.I with eq, etc...

Sent from my Z820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X