Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who says a Tele cannot rock?

I would say that nobody says that.

I listened on ceappy laptop speakers. Sounds great!!

Why do you upload videos to a guitar forum if you reject any criticism you receive? Do you expect everyone to shower you in praise, regardless of how authentic it is? Has it ever occurred to you that the people who offer constructive criticism are the ones who actually care about your work, so much so that they take time to help you perfect it?

Your intro needs work.
    Last edited by Lampy H; 10-16-2016, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lampy H View Post
      I would say that nobody says that.

I listened on ceappy laptop speakers. Sounds great!!

Why do you upload videos to a guitar forum if you reject any criticism you receive? Do you expect everyone to shower you in praise, regardless of how authentic it is? Has it ever occurred to you that the people who offer constructive criticism are the ones who actually care about your work, so much so that they take time to help you perfect it?

Your intro needs work.
      Nailed it.

The thing is, Nathan has so much passion for playing. He has more passion than a lot of people here. But passion alone isn't enough - you need both passion AND discipline. What's so frustrating is that people here care because they *know* how much passion Nathan has, and we all want to see him really excel and be the best musician he can be. But it just can't happen without the discipline to perfect his craft by accepting and learning from constructive criticism, and he needs to match his passion with the necessary discipline to really achieve something great.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
        Nailed it.

The thing is, Nathan has so much passion for playing. He has more passion than a lot of people here. But passion alone isn't enough - you need both passion AND discipline. What's so frustrating is that people here care because they *know* how much passion Nathan has, and we all want to see him really excel and be the best musician he can be. But it just can't happen without the discipline to perfect his craft by accepting and learning from constructive criticism, and he needs to match his passion with the necessary discipline to really achieve something great.
        Of course it comes from a place of caring at least partially. The music world and industry is tough and if you fall short in certain areas (arguably any) you'll get eaten alive. Consider the forum as somewhat of a test audience.
        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarFanatic View Post
          I'm sorry, but I mix this stuff for headphones. So it's best to listen either on a high quality surround sound or some decent pairs of headphones. I don't hear any of the stuff you guys are complaining about, and my mids were at six, thank you
          Ah, so we all need to go out and find a pair of Skull Candy headphones in the garbage, then it will sound superb.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Ah, so we all need to go out and find a pair of Skull Candy headphones in the garbage, then it will sound superb.
            HAH! I knew that one was coming some time
            The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Comment

As has been said here, don't try to pass off a so-so recording by saying everyone else just doesn't have good enough equipment to hear it properly, it's the internet, at least half the people that listen to it have better equipment.

I get your passion for music and applaud it! You do have a very good ear, what I would suggest now is getting some exercises to develop your dexterity so your fingers can keep up with it. The intro to the song was very sloppy which makes notes mush together. I'm not saying develop classical technique or anything, but clean playing and hitting notes crisp can fix a ton of "tone" problems. Even when Angus solos, the notes kind of explode and don't mush together, unless he wants them to of course.

Just my take, good stuff though, you have better ears than I did at your age. So, hope this helps...

Comment

I'm sorry, but I mix this stuff for headphones. So it's best to listen either on a high quality surround sound or some decent pairs of headphones. I don't hear any of the stuff you guys are complaining about, and my mids were at six, thank you
                Are my Akai Studio Headphones decent? Because that's what I listened to this on, along with my Akai Studio monitors.
                Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                Line 6 Helix
                Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                  So my top of the line audio-technica headphones are no good?
                  What model of ATs are you using? Friend of mine raves about his ATs.

Re: this thread, it is EXACTLY like The Duck Song.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                    Re: this thread, it is EXACTLY like The Duck Song.
                    SO true!

Comment

Who says a Tele cannot rock?

Why? Why, oh, why do I even open these threads?

But as long as I'm here: NOBODY.
                      Last edited by Rich_S; 10-17-2016, 04:00 PM.
                      Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
                        Don't even bother. He won't take the constructive criticism.
                        Cause he knows better when it comes to that stuff. He talks about how he gets his headphones from dumpster diving a such and then when we comment about how the sound quality is "Well you're just not listening to it on good enough headphones. You should use the Skullcandies that I pulled out of the trash last week."
                        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                        Line 6 Helix
                        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

If you guys really want to see what I am capable of, here's my Time Warp cover (the Chipmunk version)
                          Gear
                          Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                          Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
                          Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
                          Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                          Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
                          Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

I don't want to. I hate the f'ing chipmunks.

Comment

My covers also sound great on apple earbuds and 5.1 channel surround sounds.
                              Gear
                              Organs: 1972-73 Conn 632 "Serenade" analog theater organ, 1967 Hammond H-111 (not sounding but working), '72 Hammond T-524 + my '71 Hammond L-112 across the country.
                              Synths: Roland D-20, Kawai K11, Yamaha QS300
                              Leslie Cabinets: 1975 Leslie 825 and 1974 Leslie 705.
                              Guitars: Monterey Stage Series bitsa, 1991 Charvel CX-291 bitsa, 70s Hondo acoustic and a ton of parts.
                              Pedalboard: Home made DJ case thing conversion with a lot of budget pedals on it.
                              Amps: Fender Sidekick Reverb 35

Comment

If you guys really want to see what I am capable of, here's my Time Warp cover (the Chipmunk version)
                                Everyone's tone complaints from your GnR cover are still true here. Honestly, I don't see how this is, "What you are really capable of." The rhythm guitars are no more complicated than your Sweet Child cover. I think your leads here need work, especially your tapping.

Comment

Working...
                                X