Active pickups HsH wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active pickups HsH wiring

Hi! I would install HSH EMG set with an Ibanez multipole switch, 1 tone and 1 volume .. I made a few attempts, but there is something that does not work ... the configuration would be:

1 bridge
    2 bridge + center
    3 center
    4 neck + center
    5 neck

I made a draft of the wiring diagram, but I'm stuck .. how complete connections?can someone help me please? I am going crazy!!

thank you
    Attached Files

Re: Active pickups HsH wiring

you need to solder a wire to the common of the sides of the switch you used and solder that wire to the left tab of the volume.. also i see your tone is not connected..

ill draw ya something up

Comment

thank you so much, you are really my salvation !!!!

Comment

ok here you go... I didnot have any EMG style pups or battery connections objects drawn, so in order to get this done quick, i just represented the emg's with 2 con.. Also, I didnt have that type of switch on file , so I just used a super switch..

I also did not color it this time.. Sorta busy atm and that takes a bit. Ill do it later.. Might make some active pup' objects too. I need them for my library

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSH,VT.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	5796618

Comment

great!! don't worry if it isn't accurate in detail, it's already clear that !! you have been very kind! 1000 thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandenburg View Post
            ok here you go... I didnot have any EMG style pups or battery connections objects drawn, so in order to get this done quick, i just represented the emg's with 2 con.. Also, I didnt have that type of switch on file , so I just used a super switch..

I also did not color it this time.. Sorta busy atm and that takes a bit. Ill do it later.. Might make some active pup' objects too. I need them for my library

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76017[/ATTACH]
            I think there is something wrong ... I followed precisely your diagram, but it seems that pu are all active in any position, tapping on it with a metal object always respond the same way ...

Comment

i donot think its on my end where the trouble lies, but ill look it over quickly.. Sounds like the switch isnt wired correctly or is faulty.. Need a clear close-up of the wiring if possible..several different angles helps

----------------
              looked it over.. I see no problems.

Comment

this evening I'll snap some photos .. Also the sound is not as full as it should produce an EMG, it is a bit subdued, a bit strange .. I could try to revise the switch, perhaps it is oxidized ..

Comment

this is the wiring diagram completed your instructions .. I hope you understand .. everything is correct?

Name:	wiring2.jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	5796621

Comment

looks ok.. but i noticed the switch..on a superswitch.. contact 1 is the bridge position.. not the same with your switch? im asking as I dont know.. i dont use import switches at all or any other mfg.. but superswitches or standard strat switches

Comment

Hello, last night I checked the solderings, and they were all ok .. then I disassembled the switch, I cleaned the contacts and I greased, but the sound was still awful .. even on the clean channel the sound was distorted and horrible. .. then I spent an hour trying dozens of different combinations, and I finally found the solution !! Now the sound is powerful and clean, EMG sound! Thanks to BRANDENBURG for his support! here is the exact wiring diagram

Name:	final wiring.jpg
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	5796626
                      Last edited by albagnino; 10-26-2016, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Forgive me because I don't know where to post this but could I have someone drw me up a HSH active pickup 1 vol, 2 tone, 5 way switch. PLEASE I've looked EVERYWHERE and can't find anything
                        Last edited by sythlord66; 04-03-2020, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

If you don't get answers here, try posting your own new thread.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                          X