Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boss ES-8 , is anything better?

Originally posted by mantis View Post
    Yeah, that would work, I like the way you think my man.
    Gentlemen, thank you for all the input. I am searching for a unit and this looks great

Comment

I'd been looking at an ES-8 for my own needs as well. After some research I decided the Musicomlab EFX MkV was a good candidate too. Pete Thorn just wired up with one and that guy knows his stuff.

Comment

To answer the original question....

Yes, for me the Zoom G3N was better. But that's me. I get the awesome of the ES-8 now. Wayyyyyyyy more awesome than I need/want.

This thread inspired my search. So, thanks!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I ended up with the ES-5 and it's strange how this came to be.
          My Wife for my birthday in June got me a MS-3. I saw it before it came out and thought this would be very cool. So my wife decided to get it for me preorder before it came out so I got it early. Well as cool as that was it didn't work out for me. I was not happy with the tone and only having 3 loops actually 2 when you use the 4 cable method. Strangely enough a guy was looking for a MS-3 and willing to trade a ES-5 for it straight up. AND he lived very close to me so we met up , made the trade and both left happy.
          I still have the ES-5 as I made it work for my setup. I still want the ES-8 as it would free up some shared loops and I could configure differently as needed. But I'm not hot to run out and do it as the ES-5 is awesome. Sometimes simple is better, not always as I have needs for the ES-8.

Comment

Working...
          X