banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement wiring harnesses for original Blackouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement wiring harnesses for original Blackouts?

Does anyone know where I can buy new wiring harnesses for my Duncan Blackouts? The original owner made a mess of the wiring, including cutting the neck pickup harness too short. I can't find replacement harnesses and Duncan support has ignored by emails requesting a source on replacements multiple times for months...

Re: Replacement wiring harnesses for original Blackouts?

welcome to the forum!

might be better to call duncan since im sure they get a ferocious amount of email. im assuming they would sell you just the harness, not sure if they want you to go through a dealer or direct. are you in the usa?

Comment

Originally posted by kyleivanblake View Post
      Does anyone know where I can buy new wiring harnesses for my Duncan Blackouts? The original owner made a mess of the wiring, including cutting the neck pickup harness too short. I can't find replacement harnesses and Duncan support has ignored by emails requesting a source on replacements multiple times for months...
      PM Sent.

Comment

Yes I am in the USA.

I'm not sure why they'd staff the phones disproportionately to their email support CSR's, there is no logic to that in this day and age...

I am in the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by kyleivanblake View Post
          Yes I am in the USA.

I'm not sure why they'd staff the phones disproportionately to their email support CSR's, there is no logic to that in this day and age...

I am in the USA.
          Here to help! Check your Private Messages.

Comment

Thank you for the very prompt followup Riley. I know now the best place to go for support! Sorry for sounding like a sour-puss, I am just super anxious to get this super cool 1998 Jackson Kelly with Blackouts up and running 100%. The bridge position pickup works ok (despite the wiring being a disaster!) and it sounds AMAZING! I kind of expected the Blackouts to sound alot like EMGs, and I fully expected to swap them out right away, but I was very pleasantly surprised when I got the bridge pickup to work (somewhat, the wiring is still in bad shape). These pickups sound clear and full range, they don't seem to suffer from that terrible built in compression that EMGs have.

Comment

Glad to help, and hope you enjoy the pickups!

Comment

Looking forward to pics/review!!!

Way to go,Riley!
                "Scalloped & Stickered"
                A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Wow, that was quick! I dig it!
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I'm still anxious to get this guitar wired up. No sign of wiring in the mail. What is average shipping time?

Comment

Hey Kyle, checking on your order now. Will get in touch with an update!

Comment

I got the wiring and pots yesterday, I didn't waste any time getting the guitar wired up and it sounds amazing. Thank you Riley for the awesome support! Potential demo video incoming.

Comment

glad you got what you needed!

Comment

Kellys and Warriors are by far my favorite Jackson shapes.

I'd go Blackouts or EMG85/60 for actives in those models/woods as well.

Always found the 81 a little too thin in the Jackson Pro models I've played (maple/alder), especially with the ebony boards.

Comment

Working...
                            X