banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can i find some great blues scales.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Where can i find some great blues scales.

Thanks guys for all that

And yeah, getting divorced sure sounds like a pretty horrible thing to happen, i ended a nearly 3 year relationship not long ago and that was bad enough, i feel for you guys who have been unlucky enough to go through something like that

But heres to music guys! Music is always there for us
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Turn yourself on to 9th chords. Like regular B7 but cover the first 3 strings with your 3rd finger. Then move it to I - IV - V .....you can hit the chord, do a few licks, hit the next chord change, do a couple riffs until you have a full progression. Here's another:
      A6 (slide down and back 2 frets) to D9, back to A6 A#6 A6, D9, A6, Bm7, E9, A, C9, B9, Bb9 and start over....hope this helps and there's more here:

Comment

I have a laminated sheet called the scale master. It's got all the types and forms of scales I will ever need, including blues. I picked it up at a local shop for $3.00

Comment

I agree with the 'just practice' theory. Pick a super easy blues scale, like the Am Pentatonic, and then begin the scale on each scale step. That will give you 5 "scale positions" to work from. For example, in Am, you have A-C-D-E-G. Then play the scale C-D-E-G-A, etc. This will open new ideas and you will be flying around in no time .... er, I mean, making all those slow, well-thought out blues solos really COOK!

"The Blues ... that's black music played mainly by whites" (Eric Idle, The Rutles)
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

does anyone know of any good dvd tutorials or online videos?

Comment

Working...
            X