Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My thoughts on Fishman Fluence PU's

Originally posted by frankfalbo View Post
    If someone uses the term "hi-fi", they either mean it positively, as in more frequency content than you can get out of a regular pickup, or they mean there's too much way high treble and the pick attack is too sharp, not warm.

Thankfully we addressed both with the HF Tilt feature. It rounds off the very high treble for that exact reason. So far in our experience it's probably 80/20 the people that prefer Fluence wide open without the tilt.

On the Moderns you can run it to a switch, to have it selectable on/off, or you can hardwire it, or you can slip a jumper over the pins (provided) recently for one artist trying the Moderns, I hardwired the HF Tilt ON for the bridge pickup, but passed the HF tilt through the voicing push/pull for the neck, so that when he goes to Voice 2, it goes wide open for the ultra clear neck tone.
    Hi-Fi- for me refers to frequency.
    18 Guitars and counting

The captain of sexy!

Comment

Comparison between Bill Lawrence and Fishman fluence KSE
      Last edited by daleksek; 09-06-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Octopus View Post
        So I was up in Boston...
        Is the single coil mode hum-free?

Also, you described the single coil tone as "Texas" like... I assume that means it is hot and therefore it would have trouble doing super clean tones like a Strat?
        Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

I've found the Fishman pair really well with modelers but not was well with real amps. Very compressed sterile and thin.

Used with atomic Amplifire here, but I also used em with Kemper and Fractal -All sold

Atomic CLR Frfr and Logic Pro X with a Charvel satchel guitar -which is awesome!!

Comment

Working...
          X