Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rockman Tone in 2017

Originally posted by LLL View Post
    Typically, the pre EQ is set to a "smilie face" midrange hump so the guitar can sing (the guitar is a midrange instrument)... then post EQ, it is shaped further with a "frown face" scooped mids type of setting.
    I think the idea is to use the Pre-EQ to bring out the distortion harmonics, then use the Post-EQ to tamp back down the fundamental frequencies so they're not too obnoxious.
    Last edited by rbc; 08-05-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adieu View Post
      So basically its a Solid State unit that plugs into PAs or recording gear??

What about it makes it sound specifically different vs. other solid state gear?
      I think another part of the magic was the combination of factors. The EQ was part of it, but also the use of compression together with chorus and echo. Someone recently put together a Kemper profile for the Rockman and they pointed out that that was one of the challenges. It wasn't just an EQ profile. The combination of EQ and effects was needed to complete the recipe.

Comment

The amount of intellectual dishonesty and obfuscation coming from you is incredible.
        The amount of dishonesty coming from you is amazing. You do nothing but bash this forum and insult the members but you can't get enough of this place. Why don't you say the things you say on GuitarAmped.com here? You accuse the SDUGF mods of being racist (LINK). A mod that is in interracial marriage by the way. You spew hatred and homophobia on your forum (LINK). And you hide behind the name "Sparky The Hamster" when you are not man enough to post under your own name (LINK). My Problem with you LLL is you are a horrible human being and not even man enough to take ownership of your own words. You can think my originals are crap I don't really care. I am just happy that I could bring joy to the people that enjoyed them. So why don't you and Sparky crawl into that little hole you call GuitarAmped.com and go away if this place is so "freaking bad". I swear you sound like a butthurt middle school girl during your GuitarAmped.com rants.
        Last edited by Securb; 08-05-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
          The amount of dishonesty coming from you is amazing. You do nothing but bash this forum and insult the members but you can't get enough of this place. Why don't you say the things you say on GuitarAmped.com here? You accuse the SDUGF mods of being racist (LINK). A mod that is in interracial marriage by the way. You spew hatred and homophobia on your forum (LINK). And you hide behind the name "Sparky The Hamster" when you are not man enough to post under your own name (LINK). My Problem with you LLL is you are a horrible human being and not even man enough to take ownership of your own words. You can think my originals are crap I don't really care. I am just happy that I could bring joy to the people that enjoyed them. So why don't you and Sparky crawl into that little hole you call GuitarAmped.com and go away if this place is so "freaking bad". I swear you sound like a butthurt middle school girl during your GuitarAmped.com rants.
          Project much? A mirror would do wonders for ya.

You made an actual YouTube vid on me (with wrong spelling, paranoia-induced info & pic, btw). Obsessed much?

Your TMRZoo.com forum has a thread dedicated to me (making fun of my playing and tone cloning; as if)...

http://www.tmrzoo.com/boards/Thread-...uestion-for-ya

And some TMRZoo quotes from a thread from 2015 about the SD Forum (which has been scrubbed now):

(1st comment) JBFromHell: "Turns out said forum isn't what it once was. So, thanks to a couple other dissatisfied members, here I am."

(3rd comment) BigFlannel: "Its ok, we openly bash the Duncan forum and their **** moderation over here. Welcome and have fun."

(13th comment) LesStrat: "There are numerous dissatisfied customers that have taken up residence in the Zoo."
          In fact, here's what Evan Skopp said about you and your TMRZoo forum;

Click image for larger version

Name:	eskopptmrzoo.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	5809271

You & TMRZoo are the original Gs of SD-bashing.

The fact is, nobody here cares what goes on outside. And for the record, I don't bash the forum, only certain you-know-whatsits.

Anyhoo, let's stay on topic, shall we? Stop moving the goalposts and stay focused!

We're looking forward to your... original entry at the next SD collaboration... and your rendition of Boston tone here (of course).
          ...but I'm not holding my breath in hopes you'll actually contribute, because I know you far too well... lots of posturing with nothing
          to back it up; even the stuff you do contribute from time to time doesn't back it up. Music resume, my arse!

Now, you just go on ahead and have a nice day!
          Last edited by LLL; 08-06-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rbc View Post
            I think the idea is to use the Pre-EQ to bring out the distortion harmonics, then use the Post-EQ to tamp back down the fundamental frequencies so they're not too obnoxious.
            Undoubtedly. And post EQ, he would leave (IMO) 500hZ, 2.5KHz and 4KHz somewhat prominent.

Comment

I have two things to say:

1. I realize there is a lot going on that I was unaware of (otherwise I wouldn't have brought the topic of the showdown back up), but could you please take this elsewhere? This thread is sort of my baby now, and I'd hate to see it closed!
              2. Mods, could you please leave this open for now? I've said my piece, and hopefully we can return to relative peace and quiet here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                I have two things to say:

1. I realize there is a lot going on that I was unaware of (otherwise I wouldn't have brought the topic of the showdown back up), but could you please take this elsewhere? This thread is sort of my baby now, and I'd hate to see it closed!
                2. Mods, could you please leave this open for now? I've said my piece, and hopefully we can return to relative peace and quiet here.
                I'm done; I've played my cards.

So, how about that Rockman tone?

Comment

Your TMRZoo.com forum has a thread dedicated to me...
                  Yes, there is because as I said you are a homophobic, racist, worthless example of a human being. Your posts on your own site are more than proof of that. Do you deny this? Will you own your own words like a man? Or continue to act like the middle school girl you are?

Comment

I'm done; I've played my cards.
                    Your cards are all jokers.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                      Yes, there is because as I said you are a homophobic, racist, worthless example of a human being. Your posts on your own site are more than proof of that. Do you deny this? Will you own your own words like a man? Or continue to act like the middle school girl you are?
                      You need to take your Social Justice Warrior BS elsewhere. Isn't there like a SJW musicians forum you hook-up with? Wait, there is! It's called Harmony Central.

After all you have posted, I'm at a loss as to why you haven't been banned. You seem to go out of your way to cause problems, but that's just the SJW shining-through.

Comment

Undoubtedly. And post EQ, he would leave (IMO) 500hZ, 2.5KHz and 4KHz somewhat prominent.
                        500 Hz comes up a lot in discussions about Rockman gear.

Comment

Originally posted by rbc View Post
                          Yep. It also keeps the amp tighter and more responsive, because bass frequencies take more energy to amplify; cutting the bass pre-distortion and putting it back in at the end is almost like playing through a higher-wattage amp with a bigger OT in terms of how the low-end reacts.

Comment

LLL, why are you attempting to drag me into your silly adolescent argument?

Check what I said in the quote you lifted. Then consider the fact that the Skopp-man has fled the scene himself. You’ve done nothing to disprove my words, yet you did attempt to include me in your idiotic, immature, schoolyard shout fest. If you and securb want to spew insults at each other like a couple of 3rd graders debating who urinated the longest and farthest, you don’t require my assistance in measuring the results.

The only infraction I’ve ever received in a forum was for addressing your absurd attempts to establish yourself as the sole arbiter of what constitutes being a valuable member of the community.

Leave me out out of your childish debates.
                            Last edited by LesStrat; 08-05-2018, 08:50 PM.
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

SiriOn was discussing the Rockman tone. Some of us included info about the folks behind the music.

Proceed.
                              Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                              https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
                              Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Right, could you guys please not get this thread closed? I apologize for bringing the topic up again, but I neither want to know nor care about your opinions on each other, social justice etc. We've had a mostly good thing going for 21 pages here; pray keep it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X