Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Project - Warmoth Iceman Bass

Originally posted by dystrust View Post
    I've heard that soaking plastics in coffee will also darken / stain them a bit.
    I've tried that before and it helped a bit on white plastic! Thanks!

Comment

Long overdue update!

Been a super busy start to 2018 and projects ucb as these had been put on hold.

Got it all of the parts in Now and am slowly piecing it together. Gotta install the tuners and then wire up the pickups to finish this one up! (Besides stringing it up and setting up the action.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DACB5608-2216-423E-A039-EC62E0969226.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	5806388

Comment

Wow, I couldn't wait that long with the parts just sitting there...kudos to you! That looks amazing. I can't wait to hear about how it sounds.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Wow, I couldn't wait that long with the parts just sitting there...kudos to you! That looks amazing. I can't wait to hear about how it sounds.
          Thanks! So ready to get everything finalized—will post a clip once it’s all rigged up!

Comment

That looks ace, can’t wait to see the finished bass and hear your thoughts.

Comment

Bass is done–had to get professional help on the wiring and setup.

First thoughts–I need to practice the bass more. lol

I absolutely love the pickups–very responsive and articulate. The roasted neck is very nice! The roasted body and neck make the bass pretty light (don't have a scale to weight.)

Overall–very pleased with the project. Changes I would have made–a V-profile neck if it was offered and the Mary Kay White color looks great but I was hoping for more of a white than the greyish-blue (but my other Roasted Swamp Ash guitar with the Mary Kay super thin nitro finish turned out about the same...greyish-blue.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2917.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	5808743

Uploaded the following clips–clean and dirty (via Garageband...not really digging the bass amp offerings there.) Quick side note, my little Yamaha THR10C has a "Bass" amp in it...sounds phenomenal. Really digging that Yamaha!

Clean

Dirty

Comment

Looks pretty damn good to me! How does it balance on the strap?

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                  Looks pretty damn good to me! How does it balance on the strap?
                  Thank you!

I haven't installed the strap buttons yet–haven't decided on precisely where I want to install them. Will report on the balance once it is installed! It does sit very comfortably!

Comment

I’ve always liked that body shape, but I really like the Fender style headstock instead of something more pointy... very cool combo.

Comment

Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                      I’ve always liked that body shape, but I really like the Fender style headstock instead of something more pointy... very cool combo.
                      Thanks! I'm the same way–really like the Fender headstock. The idea/concept came from an Iceman build that fellow member Muttznmongrelz built here.

I would have preferred more of a "white" color than the greyish but I think it came out nicely anyways.

Comment

Working...
                      X