Rosewood vs Pau Ferro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rosewood vs Pau Ferro

A targeted rebellion perhaps.......within the comforting bounds of familiarity.

Comment

Good Pau Ferro is IMO, better than good Indian and Brazilian Rosewood.

Smoother, clearer, more "rock", more definition.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Myaccount876
      Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

I agree. Pau Ferro is an absolute treasure to work with. It sands amazing (clogs your tools not as fast as rosewood, only slightly faster than ebony), works itself to a lovely sheen when burnished, it feels smooth and articulate and direct. It's just 'too light'. Really? Bit of oil and it's dark again. Let it sit in your room for a bit, play it for a while and BAM it's darker. Just let time do its thing.

Ovangkol: same story. Ovangkol feels a bit coarser than pau ferro, just like some rosewoods do, but to work with it, is a bit different; it's a bit coarser, more textured and with more interlocking grain, so tearout happens faster if you're not careful. But... as a player, no such qualms. It also feels GREAT when it's sanded and processed. Seriously. There are a gazilion options for the rarer woods nowadays. Cechen (just sell it as Caribbean Rosewood!!) is GREAT, katalox too.

Comment

Yeah. This one's pau ferro. Not too light IMO

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by Myaccount876
          Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

oooo^^^^^^
            laying there with the strap half off

sexy
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
            X