NGD - Shred-Stick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Shred-Stick!

First Off, I’d like to thank JB_From_Hell for the trade! For those of you that don’t care about the details, here is the finished product, a Kramer Focus 6000.

After agreeing on a trade, some slight delays and good communication later, the body and neck arrived on Friday (super-well packed may I add). JB Did offer to take off the stickers but I insisted as it was part of the restoration process.

Body has some wear and tear, but in good shape, and the neck was damn near mint. The back of it has no dings, and the frets were in extremely good shape. It was like the neck had been sitting in a case, and the body was at the mercy of a child’s toy room haha. Some Windex and elbow grease later I decided to shield the cavity, and give it an admittedly rushed wiring job. The pickup in there is an Alternative 8 that I’ve had kicking around for awhile. I have no intension of adding SC’s or wiring up the switches at this point.

I was originally planning on this process taking a good week or so, but after talking to my bassist he convinced me to at least throw it together to show him at rehearsal on Sunday. So I through the neck on (great fit in the pocket), the trem on (Gotoh Floyd) and strung ‘er up…and that was it. Thing was playable right away.

I was expecting to have to adjust the neck after a day or so but the damn thing hasn’t moved. Straight as an arrow. It obviously needs a few tweaks (and some screws!) including intonation, but it wasn’t that off. They were ALL slightly sharp byt the same amount (so +1 on Gotoh’s initial settings).
    I brought it to rehersal to show the guys and to have a quick run through my rig…ended up using it for the entire 3 hours.

The alternative 8 was certainly interesting, very articulate and clear, harmonics were great. Still not sure what I think though as it may be a little too clinical and stiff, but we’ll have to give ‘er a few more goes. If I had to keep it in, it certainly wouldn’t stop me from picking it up.

Thanks again to JB_From_Hell !
    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Re: NGD - Shred-Stick!

Wow, that came out great!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice! It looks great! What do the three switches do? The "tone" is actually a volume, right? I have the same on mine, one hhumbucker with one volume "tone".
      "I don't want to be a product of my environment, I want my environment to be a product of me."

Comment

I love that color. Do you happen to have an OCD OD that you could place next to it? Cause I think they are the exact same shade.
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
        ••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Comment

So cool!

Comment

Originally posted by waltschwarzkopf View Post
            Nice! It looks great! What do the three switches do? The "tone" is actually a volume, right? I have the same on mine, one hhumbucker with one volume "tone".
            The three switches do absolutely nothing. Just filling the holes. They are supposed to be on/off switches for each pickup. And yes, the tone knob is the volume, a little play on EVH (but on some of my others a necessity as it's all I have for numbered knobs)

Originally posted by Van Noord View Post
            I love that color. Do you happen to have an OCD OD that you could place next to it? Cause I think they are the exact same shade.
            Sorry, do not!

Comment

Nice! Vintage Kramer Style; always liked that Cream color and it's got the angled bridge HB to boot.
              MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
              1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
              1988 Kramer Nightswan
              1989 Charvel Sambora
              2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
              Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
              Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

I love seeing old guitars resurrected from the heap.

Nice job!
                I strive to be the person my dog thinks I am.

Comment

^^ Indeed! Nice job, glad someone did something with that and it turned out great.
                  87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Thanks all! The angled humbucker is what really got me...

Anyone here a Kramer expert? hoping to get a bit more info on it. I believe the 6000's were introduced in 86, and at some point in 87 went to the 'F' series. Also wondering what factory this may have been made at?

Comment

Don't know man, I only have a Korean/Indo(??) 1988 Kramer 210 !! Heavy staff, sustains like hell!

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
                        Thanks all! The angled humbucker is what really got me...

Anyone here a Kramer expert? hoping to get a bit more info on it. I believe the 6000's were introduced in 86, and at some point in 87 went to the 'F' series. Also wondering what factory this may have been made at?
                        I posted the answers to some of your questions in Littlepigbacons thread about his Focus 1000 actually. If you have any other questions let me know and Ill do my best to help you out. I kinda like Kramers myself.
                        87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Wouldn't it make more sense to have the humbucker angled the opposite direction? In my mind i'm thinking i would want the high strings g,b,e closer to the neck to make them warmer whist the e,a,d more chipper and bridge like. Jake e lee thought the same thing i think.

Nice guitar but it's missing the juicy deliciousness of a neck pickup

Comment

Whats a neck pickup? Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                              Whats a neck pickup? Am I missing something?
                              You got it wrong it's the middle one which is useless.

Comment

Working...
                              X