NGD - Shred-Stick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NGD - Shred-Stick!

Well for my style and preference, yea that one too.

Hows this 6000 treating you anyways Kamanda? still rippin?
    87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Still rippin' for sure! Haven't gotten around to doing the intonation yet but I've picked it up at least once a day since. Excited to get it back into the full rig though
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Thats awesome man! Id leave it exactly like it is because it pretty much makes a statement as to what it does for a living. (And no its not an insurance salesman either.)
        Is it in Eb?
        87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Wow, awesome job! I'm happy to see it kicking ass again, and especially, someone enjoying it.

Way back when I got it, I got really into Kramers, and from what I remember, that's an '86, and one of the ones made in the ESP factory (Japan). At least that's what I was told at the time.

As far as pickups, I had a BUNCH of different ones in it. An old JBJ TB-4 was a monster in it, along with an Invader, EMG 81, Fred, and Full Shred. Pickups I didn't like in it were the Dimebucker and Super Distortion. However, the absolute best one by a mile was a half-Air Zone (Tone Zone with one of the spacers replaced with wood or plastic). I had one of the switches set to split it, and it was like the ballsiest Telecaster ever.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Cool info to pass along!

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
              Wow, awesome job! I'm happy to see it kicking ass again, and especially, someone enjoying it.

Way back when I got it, I got really into Kramers, and from what I remember, that's an '86, and one of the ones made in the ESP factory (Japan). At least that's what I was told at the time.

As far as pickups, I had a BUNCH of different ones in it. An old JBJ TB-4 was a monster in it, along with an Invader, EMG 81, Fred, and Full Shred. Pickups I didn't like in it were the Dimebucker and Super Distortion. However, the absolute best one by a mile was a half-Air Zone (Tone Zone with one of the spacers replaced with wood or plastic). I had one of the switches set to split it, and it was like the ballsiest Telecaster ever.
              That's what it was dated for me as well thanks to yourself, metalchurch and the Kramer Forum. I have an '85 JB with a broken coil that was apparently pulled from a Kramer I want to get repaired and put in there. You'll also noticed I'm using a different string retainer than yours...didn't have screws so I just pulled on from my RS Strat for now. Thanks again!

Comment

Hey, I got a friend who actually has the same model guitar (same color too!) as you do and he was thinking about modding it to the bare bones level. But one thing he was considering was that it might wear thin rather quickly, so to speak. So how is, that thing still rocking?
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Not to stick my nose in uninvited, but ask your friend what he needs/wants.. I personally like options, but Im still in deep learning.. EVH made good with one bucker for much of his career... Those old Focus' are awesome!!! Greatly miss the 6000 I had.
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Sorry Christopher, I don't quite 100% understand what your friend is trying to do. If you mean what BloodRose is suggesting and just having one 'bucker then it really depends on what he's using it for. For my originals band I'm on the bridge 'bucker 100% of the time so it's perfect for me, and I have many other guitars to cover the other bases. If I ever need some SC sounds out of this I'll simply just throw one in.

And it's still rockin'! Been tweaking it every so often and it will probably be gigged early next year.

Comment

He intends to do something similar except he's putting a Parallel Axis Distortion in his and a killswitch in it. I've played it (it's still stock) and complicated wiring aside, it's a pretty nice guitar as is. It definitely plays very well and has balance.
                      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

The Kramer Focus series were made by ESP in Japan. Put a JB in there and let her rip!
                        “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

PS now rhat you're an owner, you might enjoy the Vintage Kramer website. Lots to enjoy there. Start here... http://www.vintagekramer.com/focus.htm
                          “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

Funny enough I do plan on putting an 80s JB (that was pulled from a Kramer) whenever I have the $$ to send it off for repairs. And thanks for the link, I used that quite a bit when digging up info!

Comment

I was just thinking about your guitar the other day man, glad its still doing good for you. I bought a Transparent Red '88 F6000 body and a reverse headstock Kramer F3000 rosewood neck after you got your Focus 6000 cause I was going to build something similar, but my buddy wanted a Kramer project, so I sold it to him for what I had in it, so then got a maple fretboard Kramer neck to use on my Flip/Flop Pink Imperial build, so now I have that rosewood neck that I may use on a Baretta project. Thinkin about going with KNE and having him make it out of Poplar, use a top mount OFR, then I may add a horn scallop on the lower body cutaway like the Baretta-1's/ESP's...

Muttznmongrels has a cool Kramer project going right now as well, wait til you check that out!

Comment

Nice guitar...very simple and ready to rock.

;>)/
                                sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X