NAD: Fender Rumble 200 combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Fender Rumble 200 combo

Decided to take up bass last week. Picked this up yesterday.

A friend loaned me a cheap bass to play on until I can get my own.

Amazed how good this sounds, even with a cheap bass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1046.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	5845275

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1047.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	5845276

Re: NAD: Fender Rumble 200 combo

HNAD!!

Comment

Those are great amps. I had the 100 for my jam room. Every bass player that plugged into it loved it. I got my son in law the 20w practice amp version, it sounds huge for a little amp. Fender got it right with the Rumble line.

Comment

I'm really impressed with it.

Had no idea how loud it was in the music store, but figured 200 watts should be plenty for a jam or a small bar gig. Might need to send a Line out to the PA for gigs but at least I should hear myself on stage.

Comment

looks good to me. and like you said, if you need more you can always run the line out to the pa and the amp can be your stage monitor. its fairly common to see that done

Comment

This generation of Rumble amps is awesome. I've got one as well, it sounds great and as a bonus it's oddly light. Even the drive circuit sounds pretty good and you can have a legitimate clean and slightly distorted 2 channel bass amp. The EQ points are good and the tone modifier buttons work well too. FYI, if you need more volume, adding an extension cab will up the power to the full 200W. (That's the only drawback, it's called a 200W amp but only outputs 140W as a standalone combo).
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Congrats! Looks great. I'd like to pick one of these up too. I'm not much of a bass player but I dabble.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                looks good to me. and like you said, if you need more you can always run the line out to the pa and the amp can be your stage monitor. its fairly common to see that done
                And I definitely plan on getting another cab. Just need to figure out what configuration I want.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                  This generation of Rumble amps is awesome. I've got one as well, it sounds great and as a bonus it's oddly light. Even the drive circuit sounds pretty good and you can have a legitimate clean and slightly distorted 2 channel bass amp. The EQ points are good and the tone modifier buttons work well too. FYI, if you need more volume, adding an extension cab will up the power to the full 200W. (That's the only drawback, it's called a 200W amp but only outputs 140W as a standalone combo).
                  It make sense. I notice these days any solid state amp boasting a Class D amplifier pushes the rated power at 4ohms. You can attenuate based on the cabs connected.

Comment

These also make great Jazz Guitar amps, plenty of guys are putting TC HOF Reverbs in the mix and they sound great, incredibly clean.
                    The Guitar Hunter
                    https://guitarferret.com/

Comment

I have heard these are very light, are they? I had to carry an old Fender M-80 (equivalent power ratings as the Rumble 200 v3) up the stairs to the rehearsal room the other day, not a good idea to lift a 65 lb amp that has a single handle on top when you have a bad knee. For me having a bad knee anything above 44 lb should have to handles so I can get some help.
                      Who took my guitar?

Comment

Ridiculously light. The spec I just found says 34.5 lbs.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

It's crazy how light they are.

Comment

Fantastic amps, my buddy has the 500.

Super light too which is really nice, especially after the gig
                            My Bands -
                            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I almost bought the low wattage version - I really liked the OD sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X