NBD - I finally picked one up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBD - I finally picked one up!

I've wanted one for ages, but never could get myself to buy one. Always ended up getting another guitar, amp or pedal instead

I guess bass playing has never held any personal appeal, but then, on the other hand.. I really need to start putting an actual bass track into my recordings, instead of the crappy pitch-shifted guitar-bass sim I'm using now..

So I went searching & this time actually ended up with one

Saw this on Olx which is a Craigslist type classified's site....haggled a bit and it was mine for the equivalent of about $150

It's an Ibanez SR370E "aged whiskey burst"

Apparently the guy bought it few months ago with the intention of learning how to play, but then got a job & changed his mind ..it was absolutely mint/like new/still all wrapped up in the box..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ibby_Bass_3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	5845380

Name:	Ibby_Bass_4.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	5845381

Name:	Ibby_Bass_1.jpg
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	5845382

Name:	Ibby_Bass_2.jpg
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	5845383

And a crappy pic of it at it's new home

Name:	Ibby_1.jpg
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	5845384

Now I just need to figure out how to tune it and start playing..
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Re: NBD - I finally picked one up!

Nice. There's no substitute for a real bass. A lot of guitarists enjoying playing them on the side.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Thanks dude!

I did give it a go ..tuned it by ear to a guitar recording I just did a day or two ago and added a bass track to that. I think I more or less had everything on the bass "centered" as far as controls go. I don't really have any idea/the hang of dialing in an appropriate tone yet, so I thought that might be safe to start with.

I'd jammed this solo (probably not your thing blueman , though I guess it's technically a kinda 'updated' blues solo.. ) a couple of days ago mostly as a (shred meets the blues) joke on another forum...

And this is it w/o the bass track:

So while it's far from the perfect bass tone/mix ..to me it sounds like it's improved the sound tenfold already...just having that bass in there

And that's exactly what I was looking for... it's what my recordings have always lacked with crappy bass sims ...hopefully I get better/tighter & dial in better tones the more I get used to things...
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Super lucky you! I really like the look and sound of the Ibanez SR basses, they really have a winning product!
        Beginning Guitarist with Custom Building Streak a Mile Long!
        Songs I wish I could play!

Comment

Working...
        X