Views:	1
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	5804912
    I place, solder and wire every part.
    By hand. By me.
    STOMP UNDER FOOT

Comment

Re: History of all the Big Muff Variations

I remember reading on the "other" Big Muff web page about how they would run out of transistors, or other parts, and just run to the electronics store and get some more. They weren't necessarily the same transistors.

Comment

I know it took a long time but the 1976 Ram's Head Big Muffs are now up on the blog:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc_9525-e1557498132148.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	546.8 KB
ID:	5814207
        By hand. By me.
        STOMP UNDER FOOT

Comment

so how much difference is there between a 75 and 76 for example, 10%? im much more knowledgeable about the fuzzface so muffs are a mystery to me

Comment

Have you done or could you do an overview or chart (or even comparison audio) of how the variations differ?

Really interested in Fuzz pedals, but I'm never sure which ones to get, especially if there are tons of variations (such as with the Big Muff) and next to no good comparison videos.
            Just ordered myself a Violet Ram's Head Muff kit, hope it works out for me.

Comment

Originally posted by JesusCrisp View Post
              Have you done or could you do an overview or chart (or even comparison audio) of how the variations differ?

Really interested in Fuzz pedals, but I'm never sure which ones to get, especially if there are tons of variations (such as with the Big Muff) and next to no good comparison videos.
              Just ordered myself a Violet Ram's Head Muff kit, hope it works out for me.
              Big Muff always sounds like it does. Variation is mostly just about different "flavors" of the thing.

Ie. differently specced components inside. The circuit is what makes it and is very much the same to my knowledge through variations.
              "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
              Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

The 75 muffs are very smooth with a lot of gain and a very balanced tone section.
                The 76 muffs have a bit more high-end due to them having a very open tone, a bit more mids and a gritty, crunchy fuzz.
                75 muffs are more Gilmour and the Comfortably Numb lead tone where as J. Mascis from Dinosaur Jr. uses a 76.
                Last edited by mattpas; 05-28-2019, 07:06 AM.
                By hand. By me.
                STOMP UNDER FOOT

Comment

I updated the place where the blog is kept.
                  You can see it here now:
                  Stomp Under Foot pedals are handmade and hand-wired using new-old-stock, obsolete, through-hole components.
                  By hand. By me.
                  STOMP UNDER FOOT

Comment

The green Russian is my favorite. Sounds great on bass. A Pete Cornish P19 has to be my favorite for guitar. It’s not an EHX but it is a muff variant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a "Tone Wicker" Big Muff from several years ago. Wish it still worked. Fairly fun fuzz.
                      ---------------------------
                      The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

Originally posted by St_Genesius View Post
                        I have a "Tone Wicker" Big Muff from several years ago. Wish it still worked. Fairly fun fuzz.
                        Oh yeah, I totally forgot, I got one of those over the summer, I need to dig it out. I’ve never even fired it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When you have weekend to kill ...... http://www.bigmuffpage.com.

Comment

Working...
                          X