Fender adjustomatic bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender adjustomatic bridge

I am looking at a fender jaguar classic player hh. However I have heard of the problem of playing too hard and the strings slipping out of their notches. The classic player hh however comes with an adjustomatic bridge. Does this solve all problems? If it does not is a mustang bridge the best bet, I have heard it causes a few problems with fit and break angle.
    Thanks

Re: Fender adjustomatic bridge

They're expensive, but a Mastery bridge is supposed to be the best replacement for Jaguars and Jazzmasters. A friend of mine has been playing JMs almost exclusively for over 10 years and he swears by them.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

It won't cause the lighter strings to pop out of the saddles like the vintage Jaguar and Jazzmaster bridges, fender also moved the trem closer to the bridge to increase the angle of the strings over the bridge saddles specifically to prevent this.

Vintage:

"Adjustomatic":

The only reason it used to come out is that the jaguar/jazzmaster bridge never had any way to hold the strings in place to begin with, and considering fender just nabbed a tuneomatic and adjusted the string spacing for their bridge, it's not coming out.

I should also point out, you can't replace the bridge on it with a vintage style mustang bridge without modifying the guitar. The bridge post holes are deeper into the body and you can't adjust the mustang bridge height. It'll fit, you just won't be able to adjust it.
      Last edited by StoRMiE; 10-03-2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Okay thanks, so what I'm taking is that the adjustomatic shouldn't cause problems but if it does a mastery is the way to go?

Comment

The other guitar player in my band has one of those, we play pretty hard and using 9-42s in drop d he hasn't had any issues
          sigpic
          Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Great thanks

Comment

I had strings sticking with normal tremolo use on my CP Jag. I swapped out the bridge for one of these.

Stays in tune with trem use really well and reasonably priced. I kept the stock Fender inserts installed. It's a drop in installation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
              Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
              Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
              Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Working...
              X