banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IMPORTANT!!!! What guitar is this and where can I get it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMPORTANT!!!! What guitar is this and where can I get it?

Got tagged in this video of Dave Grohl playing with guns and roses and the guitar Dave is playing is insane!!!!!! But what is it? It's like a 335 junior but I don't think it's a Gibson? Check out the pics.

Cheers,
    Kyle.

Re: IMPORTANT!!!! What guitar is this and where can I get it?

Originally posted by Kyletrick13 View Post
    Got tagged in this video of Dave Grohl playing with guns and roses and the guitar Dave is playing is insane!!!!!! But what is it? It's like a 335 junior but I don't think it's a Gibson? Check out the pics.

Cheers,
    Kyle.
    He was famous for Gibson Trini Lopez but this looks different doesn't it. F holes and minimal controls. Definitely 335 based. Headstock looks Gibson.
    Last edited by GourmetSaint; 11-17-2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

^ No.....wrong headstock, guard and pickups.

This is essentially a '335 Jr' as has already been said.

Nothing on the market quite like it....but given the headstock this is most likely NOT a Gibson, and probably a custom guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by GourmetSaint View Post
        He was famous for Gibson Trini Lopez but this looks different doesn't it. F holes and minimal controls. Definitely 335 based. Headstock looks Gibson.
        Ik I got his dg335 as a copy but this is totally different, Ik now it isn't Gibson, but it almost looks brand less?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
          ^ No.....wrong headstock, guard and pickups.

This is essentially a '335 Jr' as has already been said.

Nothing on the market quite like it....but given the headstock this is most likely NOT a Gibson, and probably a custom guitar.
          I hope it isn't a custom....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Gretsch, isn't it?

Comment

Well, its not like you couldn't easily make a stock guitar into that with even a little effort. All you'd need is a pickguard.

Comment

A Gibson Memphis 335 Studio, - neck pickup, + pick guard, move the controls, and there you go

Bonus points if you put binding on the headstock. Paint for cheap would work.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Would Gibson use a Gretsch headstock?
                  Last edited by dave74; 11-17-2017, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Whaddafuk are Slash and Duff doing in Axl's band? Is GnR back together again? Haven't seen that bloody GnR logo in more than 20 years, that's cool.

Comment

Woops my bad eyes, Ace is probably right.

Comment

Not a Gibson headstock, there seems to be a signature or a logo there but I can't make it out. Google yielded nothing more useful. Interesting...

Comment

To me, the headstock looks like a Vox..
                          Vox Virage maybe??

Last edited by BloodRose; 11-17-2017, 08:02 PM.
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                            Whaddafuk are Slash and Duff doing in Axl's band? Is GnR back together again? Haven't seen that bloody GnR logo in more than 20 years, that's cool.
                            They are back, at least last I heard. I saw them at a concert over the summer in Hershey, PA.
                            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                              They are back, at least last I heard. I saw them at a concert over the summer in Hershey, PA.
                              No only are they back, but the dollar figures they are grossing from the tours are mind blowing.... Like $430 million plus already... 5th highest grossing tour in hist..
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X