NGD: Purple Nurple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Purple Nurple

After a long year of saving and fighting debt I'm finally able to share with you my new Schecter E-1 FR S. This is the guitar I've been dreaming about since I started play when I was 14, and then some! I was almost not going to get it, but my girlfriend swooped in to save the day. I think I kinda have to marry her now, huh? lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	24020032_10214968303111998_1939858402_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	5845951Click image for larger version

Name:	23846383_10214968299311903_261015263_n.jpg
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	5845952Click image for larger version

Name:	23846395_10214968302871992_4934991_n.jpg
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	5845953Click image for larger version

Name:	23846352_10214968303712013_1307498905_n.jpg
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	5845954Click image for larger version

Name:	23897873_10214968298151874_1220081039_n.jpg
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	5845955
    Guitars:
    Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
    Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
    AMT SS-11B

Re: NGD: Purple Nurple

Love that color

Sweet axe
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

What year is it?
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Super cool!
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

My older brother used to hold me down and give me a purple nurple. Not nearly as enjoyable as that one.

Comment

AWESOME!! Ive wanted one of those since they came out. Didnt realize they had the lum dots.. Love to have an explorer type shape with a floyd, love the purple and would be cool to have one with a sustainer too. Score!! And yes, the girlfriend sounds like a keeper!

Question... how thin/fat is the neck? How is the Apocolypse pickup??

One more cool thing.. Schecter is already using a Floyd that has a bunch of the parts already upgraded..
            Last edited by BloodRose; 11-23-2017, 08:36 PM.
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Sweet guitar!

...and yes, you should marry her!
              Originally posted by The Commodores?
              "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

Wow looks great. Love the color!

Comment

Christopher: It's a 2017.

Bloodrose: The neck is thicker than an Ibanez/Jackson, but thinner than the C-1 Classic that I have. It's an in between which is really awesome. Thin enough to shred, but hefty enough for a good grip for rythm. The Apocalypse pickup is really it's own thing. It always sound massive and does not lose tightness. I want to try back to back with the other guitar that has the Distortion in it to check tightness, but it is surprisingly articulate for a pickup with such high resistance. The cleans have great body to them too, but to be honest, I haven't really played around with the cleans. This guitar sounds as pretty as it looks and definately recommend at least trying one.
                  Guitars:
                  Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:

Pedals:
                  AMT SS-11B

Comment

You have been waiting 13 years for that guitar? Dude - I'm tearing up here....that's awesome!

Play it until the strings fall off and your fingers bleed.

Yes - marry the guitar. Girls come and go, but you can always have that axe!!!

Freaking awesome.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Nice, that thing is gorgeous!
                      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by emilio View Post
                        Christopher: It's a 2017.

Bloodrose: The neck is thicker than an Ibanez/Jackson, but thinner than the C-1 Classic that I have. It's an in between which is really awesome. Thin enough to shred, but hefty enough for a good grip for rythm. The Apocalypse pickup is really it's own thing. It always sound massive and does not lose tightness. I want to try back to back with the other guitar that has the Distortion in it to check tightness, but it is surprisingly articulate for a pickup with such high resistance. The cleans have great body to them too, but to be honest, I haven't really played around with the cleans. This guitar sounds as pretty as it looks and definately recommend at least trying one.
                        thanks for the info!! Fueled my G.A.S tho!! I like necks like that... Thin, but not too.
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Congrats!

I've been eyeing those E1-FRs for months. If my trans purple Schecter V-1 Custom had the longer scale length and slightly thinner neck of the E1-FR, I'd probably never want another guitar!

Comment

Aceman: Basically. Ever since I starte when I was 14 and learning so mucho off of this forum, I knew the specs that I was looking for. Pls I have a soft spot for quilt and purple guitars. I remember going on Warmoth and making mockups to see what the cost would be for a guitar like this. Never did I find a production guitar with the specs I was looking for, until now. I just had to have it!

Thanks to all for your remarks, I'm glad to share my happiness with you all.
                            Guitars:

Amps:

Pedals:
                            AMT SS-11B

Comment

I hope your realise you now have to start an 80's style shred band. I'm pretty sure its mandated by law. You'll be bathing in coke and ginourmous hair in no time!
                              --------------------------------------------------------
                              1973 Aria 551
                              1984 Larrivee RS-4 w/ EMG SA/SA/89
                              1989 Charvel 750 XL w/ DMZ Tone Zone & Air Norton
                              1990's noname crap-o-caster plywood P/J Bass
                              1991 Heartfield Elan III w/ DMZ mystery pups
                              1995 Aria Pro II TA-65
                              2001 Gibson Les Paul Gothic w/ PG-1 & SH-8

Comment

Working...
                              X