NGD, another Jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD, another Jackson!

Found this MIJ Jackson JDR-94 Concept with EMGs in it at Guitar Center the other day. Not entirely a steal, since $300 seems to be the going rate with one with stock pickups in really good shape. This one has a couple boo-boos, but the upgraded pickups even it out for me. I actually like it better than my other MIJ Jackson Dinkys. The neck is closer to my Charvel Dreamsicle, which plays like butter. I'm very happy with it.

I'm going to leave the EMGs in it since I've really started to like the 81/85 set in one of my DK2Ms. This one has an 81 with an 89 in the neck, the stock single coil is disconnected, and it has a spin-a-split in place of the volume.

It just goes to show, you don't have to spend thousands to find a great guitar.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171122_194823641.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	5845959

ETA: If you have any Jackson Concept guitars, post 'em up and tell us about 'em!
    Last edited by Gone_Shootin; 11-26-2017, 08:04 PM.
    Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Re: NGD, another Jackson!

My mate has one of these and they are great players. My only complaint is the tremolos aren't all great but you could upgrade. Pickup swaps are a must and yeah they play like a charvel.

There is 2 other concept models in the same line i would like to try.

Comment

Holy no neck bucker batman.
      Last edited by kramersteen; 11-25-2017, 03:36 PM. Reason: Makes no sense now because someone deleted their post.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
        Holy no neck bucker batman.
        Huh? It has an 89 in the neck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
          Huh? It has an 89 in the neck.
          No the other guy who tried to hijack your thread with his single hum jdr removed his post.

Comment

Originally posted by kramersteen View Post
            No the other guy who tried to hijack your thread with his single hum jdr removed his post.
            Oh, bummer. I actually like it when other people post their same make/model stuff in my threads like this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
              Oh, bummer. I actually like it when other people post their same make/model stuff in my threads like this one.
              Haha yeah same i was just talking trash.

Comment

Guitarcenter's Used website has quite a few Jackson Rhoads Concept's from like $175-225, which is a very good deal for an mij jackson.
                Love your new purchase man! Seems it went to a good home!
                #savethejacksons
                87 Kramer Pacer Deluxe, 87 Kramer Pacer Imperial, 88 Kramer Nightswan, 83 Kramer V, 88 Kramer F3000, 87 Charvel Model-3, Charvel Jake mutt, > into some rack stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                  Guitarcenter's Used website has quite a few Jackson Rhoads Concept's from like $175-225, which is a very good deal for an mij jackson.
                  Love your new purchase man! Seems it went to a good home!
                  #savethejacksons
                  Thanks! It's right at home in my collection, it's in the rack right next to my MIJ DK2Ms.

Comment

Working...
                  X