Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hamer Studio Update.

Originally posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    I have a Hamer Studio Custom almost identical to that, and it too had a pair of 59 pickups. I replaced those with a Custom/59 bridge hybrid and a Jazz/59 hybrid neck pickup. It sounded fine with the 59s but even better with the hybrids.

The Hamer is most definitely a superior instrument compared to a LP on all levels, and I struggle to understand why you are having a problem. To my way of thinking, your issues are coming from elsewhere, not from the instrument.
    I have the 59/Custom in the bridge of a LP. I also had a 59/Jazz hybrid in the neck of a Hamer. It is the best neck pup I've used...

I sold the Hamer. Bad enough I sold the Hamer, but I left that neck hybrid in it.

When you look up STOOPID in the dictionary, you may see my pic.

Comment

I'll happily take the offending guitar off you

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        I'll happily take the offending guitar off you
        I was thinking the same thing, so I went to Reverb's website and I think it still shows that guitar as sold 11/23 (if I'm looking at the right one). And they have others.
        I used to have a Hamer FM Special from the import series and it was still a very good guitar.
        Last edited by Lazarus1140; 11-26-2017, 08:15 AM.
        I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
          I sued to have a Hamer FM Special from the import series and it was still a very good guitar.
          I take it you lost the lawsuit then?
          "Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Great looking guitar. Without knowing the amp or your whole setup it is hard to say why the Hamer fit in different. Great guitars all around. I actually really dig the 59 setups in a couple of my Hamers but that is because they catch a nice Scorpions/Judas Priest/Aerosmith sound for me with my setup, living room noodler that it is. The one below has a JBB and a 59 neck setup. It s a '91 Sunburst. That line became the line your guitar is.
            Attached Files
            Aint no pro but I know what I like....
            Guitar to sound output:
            Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
              Great looking guitar. Without knowing the amp or your whole setup it is hard to say why the Hamer fit in different. Great guitars all around. I actually really dig the 59 setups in a couple of my Hamers but that is because they catch a nice Scorpions/Judas Priest/Aerosmith sound for me with my setup, living room noodler that it is. The one below has a JBB and a 59 neck setup. It s a '91 Sunburst. That line became the line your guitar is.
              I might have worked with it more but I also had such a narrow window to return it so I felt like there was no other choice. Like I said in my original post though, the sound of the guitar on it's own is the best tone I have ever heard form a solid body guitar. That is really saying something to say that it was actually better than the Carvin I have. I have heard people use the term "Sweet" describe guitars (especially short scale mahogany/maple topped guitars) before, and the Hamer was the first one that has ever made me think that it must be the sort of tone they were talking about. Super warm yet super clear. The Carvin is both Warm and yet very, articulate (though not really what I would call bright), very refined. It is a an absolute Gem but it doesn't have the same character in the highs that the Hamer had.

BTW that is a fine looking guitar. I may try another one someday.
              Guitars:EJ Strat, PRS SE Bernie Marsden (with Bare Knuckle Mules), PRS SE Custom 24 Floyd (with Joe Satriani set) PRS SE Zach Myers (Totally Customized for me with Dimarzio Air Classics),Carvin CS6, Gretsch 5422, Taylor 612 ce. Amp:Limited Edition Blues Junior (W/ Eminence Canibis-Rex Speaker ). Effects: Fulltone Full-drive Mosfet 2, Strymon Timeline, TC Electronic Vortex Flanger, Golden Cello Distortion Pedal.

"I am not ashamed of the good news of JESUS CHRIST"
              CHRIST

Comment

A lot of factors affect the mix so blaming the guitar exclusively is just preposterous. Why don't you change the pickups? 99% of a guitar sound comes from the pickup anyway. Try a Dimarzio Evolution.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalManiac View Post
                  I take it you lost the lawsuit then?

I lost the guitar in a Pawn shop accident.
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Working...
                  X