Anyone use these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use these?

I'm looking at purchasing one of these sets, BUT, the church I play at uses the same 2.4Ghz frequency band for their routers and the iPad connection to the sound board. Will there be any interference with their equipment if I use this? I don't want to create any interference either to get between the sound board and the FOH tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Re: Anyone use these?

I've used them, but make sure to remember that wireless "cables" always have a slight delay that you have to get used too. So if you've never spent some time with wireless transmitters, I'd definitely see if you could borrow someone else's for a test run before dropping $150 on a set.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I had used a couple before that the church has that uses the belt pack and they were spot on. But, will it cause any interference with their sound system and net routers being that it utilizes the same frequency band?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I do not think so, because the IPad isn't interfering with the router, but I'd ask the sound guy just to be sure. Or maybe someone else on this forum knows more about it.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          I do not think so, because the IPad isn't interfering with the router, but I'd ask the sound guy just to be sure. Or maybe someone else on this forum knows more about it.
          Well the iPad is connected to the board via the birds 2.4 Ghz network to control the board from anywhere in the room. But with the net routers, and the boards network, they use that same frequency band. Not to mention, our music stands are also connected to said routers. So I'm very skeptical with these.

Comment

Yeah, you should not be on the same frequency as the sound board and monitors. That is a recipe for disaster.
            “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

They are coming out with a new model at NAMM. I don't know the price, or what is different about it.

There are reports online of these breaking, but I've never used them...just researched them. What I figured out is that with wireless systems, you get what you pay for.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
              X