Changed pickups in my PRS SE Tremonti today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changed pickups in my PRS SE Tremonti today

Before and after pics of my PRS SE Tremonti. I replaced the Dimarzio Norton and PAF Master pickups with a set of chrome covered Seymour Duncan pickups. I put a JB (A2 magnet) in the bridge and a 59 in the neck. Looks and sound amazing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4D575AAB-924E-4B51-8F50-24CD5CABA9CD.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	5845976

Name:	FC7218ED-01E2-4108-A02B-1F9AFE954D35.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	5845974

Name:	2AC88A19-3175-4B93-B4FC-0A7209FE1B97.jpg
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	5845975

Re: Changed pickups in my PRS SE Tremonti today

Looks much better with the Duncan's. Sure it sound a lot better too. Congrats!

Comment

So far it sounds great. I put the DiMarzio pickups from this in an Ibanez guitar which was a big improvement to that guitar over the stock ones.

Comment

59 and JB combo is quality. Has complexity and bite, but bass and fullness too.
        The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

how does the A2 differ from the A5 magnet sonicaly ?
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

IMO it is less in your face, but still aggressive. Highs are tamed some and the low end is a little spongier. I love the sound so far. This is the second guitar I've put one in.

Comment

I think it looks much classier. While I am not a big fan of the JB, what it does, it does so well. If that is your thing, then that is the perfect pickup for it.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I think it looks much classier. While I am not a big fan of the JB, what it does, it does so well. If that is your thing, then that is the perfect pickup for it.
                I'm going to be using my Carvin Bolt kit guitar with the JB(A2) in the bridge toady at band practice, so we'll see how I like it in a band setting.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I have the same Tremonti Custom in the same color, and have been wondering what to change the pickups to. I have the 59/JB in my Charvel and really like them, but I had no idea what might work in the Tremonti. I appreciate the tip. Might have to give this a try. How is it when you roll off the volume?
                  Originally posted by Ball&Chain
                  Orange beer just doesnt taste near as good as red. Im sure you will find that in the bible somewhere.

Comment

I can't speak for a normal JB, but these with the A2 magnets seem to clean up well. I do have treble bleed kits on both volume pots also.

Comment

Working...
                    X