New pawn shop rescue guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pawn shop rescue guitar

Dropped by the old shop I worked for that was going under last week. They were liquidating inventory and spied one of the guitars I had taken in on the rack. It was a no name custom so no one had given it a second look. Rosewood back and sides mahogany neck bound ebony board solid spruce top and a very nice guitar. Walked out the door with this one for get this $110!! Guy pawned it for $100 and tax was 10% so--. Great player and a real beast tone wise. Think it might be one of the Stew Mac kits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Re: New pawn shop rescue guitar

Awesome
    Looks like a player for sure

Like the bound fretboard
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      Awesome
      Looks like a player for sure

Like the bound fretboard
      Will give my Taylor a run in playabilty and has a bright punchy tone that makes it a good guitar for playing acoustic leads. I bet this one will be fantastic stage guitar with a mic on it!
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Or a good one to slap a piezo on

I was looking at the GFS acoustic preamps for my Hummingbird

The have one that uses both a Mic and transducer
        And blends the two

Just Dremel out a spot on the upper bout
        EHD
        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Very nice. Forget the piezo and just get a mag-mic (or woody) in there if you need amplification.

Comment

Have a cut away Taylor 110 with the expression system or a nice solid top Takamine G series cutaway if I need an amplified acoustic to run direct for stage use. Picked this one up as a pure acoustic player. One of those moments where the $ was right and it was more a want than a need so--. Will likely sell my Tak at some point as this one out plays it and sounds better acoustically.
            Last edited by Ascension; 11-27-2017, 11:50 PM.
            Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
              Have a cut away Taylor 110 with the expression system or a nice solid top Takamine G series cutaway if I need an amplified acoustic to run direct for stage use. Picked this one up as a pure acoustic player. One of those moments where the $ was right and it was more a want than a need so--. Will likely sell my Tak at some point as this one out plays it and sounds better acoustically.
              Excellent... nothing beats the sound of a good acoustic without anything else drilled or installed on it. Enjoy!

It definitely looks like a stewmac kit, considering the un-cut paddle headstock... should be nice wood!

Comment

Nice guitar! I like the ebony fret board.

;>)/
                sigpic Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                X