Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: El Diablo Opinions?

Originally posted by '59 View Post
    Not fifty dollars, a half a dollar. I found it laying along with broken keyboards and assorted computer bits. I'm guessing someone donated it not knowing what it was.
    You got that for 50 cents and Guitar Center offered to give you $100 for it ! Get back over there and get your $100 before they change their mind
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

it could be a cool classic rock pup with the right rig, its a fun pup for sure. slap it in a guitar and see for yourself!

Comment

Ya know what I've always wondered? It costs $20 for the SD Custom Shop to perform a mag swap. Does that apply to El Diablo?
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

id guess no, if nothing else there are two magnets rather than one.

Comment

Still, ya already paid $160 for it, they should cut you some slack, right?
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

hahaha no

Comment

I would think that the way the bobbins are set up, swapping magnets could damage the coils. I'm sure that you could order a full custom pickup and specify a different bar magnet.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

absolutely. if you wanted ceramic on one coil and alnico 5 on the other im sure theyd do that too. its the custom shop, as long as they can do it, they usually will

Comment

If I had to do a mag swap in an El Diablo, I think I'd either switch both with A3s or maybe an A3 closest to the neck and an A2 closest to the bridge. That way I could wean off some of the thickness that twin A2s have.

Comment

I'd go with two UOA5's.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X