Merry Christmas To Me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas To Me!!

Since, tis the season to be Jolly, I figured wtf?

I need a new bass like I need another new grey hair in my beard, but, oh well. I was fartin' around on the computer the other day and saw a bass that attracted my attention, especially for $299. It's a Spector Q4 Pro. They are basically the exact same bass as my Spector Legend 4 Classic that I have.....and I absolutely love that bass.

Well, I figured the price was a steal, and with that price it would be no problem to spend another couple of hundred bucks on some new pickups. That way I would have a badass bass for right around $500. I saw the bass on Ebay for $299 with free shipping, and I also saw it on Reverb.com for $299 with free shipping with a "Make An Offer". I figured wtf, right? Before I left yesterday morning to go to my parents' house for Christmas, I sent in an offer on Reverb for $275 with free shipping. I reckon they were in the Christmas spirit because they took my offer,

I'm honestly pretty stoked about it. I have recently been looking at all sorts of different pickups to throw in Spector Legend 4 Classic besides the passive SSD ones. Both basses have an active eq preamp. I've been wanting to throw some Duncan Bass Blackouts in my other Spector forever it seems. There's nothing wrong with the SSD's that are in it nowm but you know how we all are....we're always looking for that extra something.

So, as I stated about looking for different pickups, I found a couple of videos of a dude playing with everything flat, and running a pair of Lace pickups that just blew me the fukk away!! Also, the $1600 preamp/compressor doesn't hurt either...lol. I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a set of them and throw them in the new Spector.

This is the new (to me) bass.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spector Q4 Pro 01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	5846461Click image for larger version

Name:	Spector Q4 Pro 02.jpg
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	5846462Click image for larger version

Name:	Spector Q4 Pro 04.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	5846463Click image for larger version

Name:	Spector Q4 Pro 03.jpg
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	5846464Click image for larger version

Name:	Spector Q4 Pro 05.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	5846465

And these are the pickups that I am thinking about putting in the bass. However, they won't look ugly like those in the video. They make a "stealth" version that have covers on them like the look of the bass already.

We've been making the only real noiseless pickups in for guitar, bass and more for over 40 years. No batteries required!

Re: Merry Christmas To Me!!

Another video of the pickups.

Comment

Dam nice score!
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks, I thought so too.

Comment

Wow! Sweet score. That thing looks killer.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            Another video of the pickups.

Damn Jolly that's beautiful and those pickups sound killer. Merry Christmas!
             "Originally Posted by Aceman 

I shall allow this GAS bubble pass, a mere fart in time. 

Thank you for all the advice, cheers, and jeers. This was a tough one."

Comment

Who's bad!;

"Anyone who understands Jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's what's so simple about it." - Yogi Berra

Comment

Nice bass!
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yay, new toys! Did you sell the Spector 5 string yet?
                  Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                  I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
                    Yay, new toys! Did you sell the Spector 5 string yet?
                    Funny story.....for a couple of years now I've been wanting to try some Duncan Blackouts in one of my basses, but I just didn't feel like paying $200 for a set of them, and I've never really found a good deal on any on Ebay or anywhere else. Well, I put my 5 string up for sale about ten days ago. Maybe a week after that I saw a set of 5 string Blackouts on Reverb for $75. I figured it was a no brainer to just say the hell with selling the bass, keep it, and buy those pickups. So that's what I did. The pickups just arrived today.

Comment

Sweet score! Love Spector basses!

Comment

Working...
                      X