YOU Need A Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: YOU Need A Les Paul

When I was getting into guitar and heavily into music, was in the 80s. I was hugely into 80s metal and therefore Kramers and Charvels, etc.. I thought LPs and such were old foggy axes... HOWEVER>>>> There is NO mistaking the sustain, and creamy dreamy tone of a good LP!! So I hear ya bro!! Ive heard of Shulte's before and always in very high regard..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Plessure View Post
      No individual string height adjustment. Weighs a **** ton. No whammy bar. No single coil tone. Stupid Gibson headstock.

The Les Paul really is an overrated model and nowhere near as essential as the stratocaster.

"Oooh i can feel the touch of legend" - Yes you can feel your irrational self-suggestions which are uncritically accepted internalizations of mindless nostalgia.
      Dude... I used to be anti LPs and stuff too. But, having played some and all, there is just little to no substitute for a good LP..
      So, if you arent a fan, try not to poop on other's parade...
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

First electric was a Les Paul. Played that guitar and that alone for 15 years. 2nd guitar - Ephone Les Paul!!! 3rd guitar, Les Paul Studio....

Last Les Paul: Ace Frehley Aged Budokan #16 - which I wish could have been my first.

I also have 5 Dean Cadillacs. Technically, Les PAul bottom and Explorer top - but I just think of them as sexy b!tchy Les Pauls.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

This just popped up on my feed.

Aint no pro but I know what I like....
          Guitar to sound output:
          Hamer, Dean, or Various, Levy's straps, Dunlop straplock/picks, Daddarrio strings 10-46, Duncan, Dimarzio, Mogami, Monster, MojoDrive pedal on occasion, Marshall, Crate, Vox, Mesa Boogie, Black Shadow Celestions, Eminence,..

Comment

1/2 of my wife's income is selling my picks back to me
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Originally posted by BTMN View Post
              This just popped up on my feed.

SD writing 'less' instead of the correct 'fewer' makes me gas for DiMarzio pickups.

Comment

I love a Les Paul through a cranked Marshall or Twin Reverb. I mean cranked...as in: ungodly loud.

But at low volumes they sound thin and pinky.

So I no longer play one.
                “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                  In my mind I like to think of most of Gibson's offerings as a different form of the Les Paul. The ES guitars are hollow/semi-hollow Les Pauls, Explorers are pointy Les Pauls, Flying V's are Les Pauls for the classical playing position. SG's are Les Pauls that have been ergonomically upgraded.
                  Granted, there are more nuanced differences between the models, such as the neck joint on certain models and upper fret access, but they all follow similar patterns of construction. Tilted 3×3 headstock, 24 3/4" scale, 2 humbuckers each with their own volume and tone, etc. The LP just served as the basis of that Gibson recipe.
                  You realize the same can be said about Fender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Fellas all I can honestly say after 35+ years of playing and owning several Strats, Teles, Jags, Lesters, Explorers, Vs and a lot of pointy ****... I’m at home on a Les Paul. Doesn’t mean it’s the best. It certainly ain’t the worst and they ALL cost too F———g much!
                    Happy New Year good people![emoji1591][emoji1308]

Comment

We need more LP pics in here!
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20151209_185113-1600x900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	5804665
                      My trans amber '01 Classic, hand picked from 25+ of all the different LP models at several shops over a few months. Sporting PG's here, DCJ in the bridge now. This one has defeated a few R9's and a couple of R8's in head to head shoot outs despite a 60's neck. Drop it to C# and run it through a triple r and it will destroy!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                        SD writing 'less' instead of the correct 'fewer' makes me gas for DiMarzio pickups.
                        Seymour rules!

Comment

Originally posted by shupe13 View Post
                          You realize the same can be said about Fender.

This is a Les Paul admiration thread. I am admirating Gibson.
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	R-6692322-1424734218-3652.jpeg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	165.2 KB
ID:	5804666
                              sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
                              - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

I never understood "players" who have extreme preferences until I hear them. If you're a good guitar player who loves good guitars, you should be able pick up any model and wring all the goodness out of it.
                                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                                X