New P Bass Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New P Bass Day

Finally scored a P bass. Now the Yin/Yang thing is complete.

Not super into the mint pickguard, although it's slowly growing on me. I was going to get a red tortoise one so that it was a twin to my Jazz, but I kind of like the idea of a black guard on a white bass too.

|| Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Re: New P Bass Day

Click image for larger version

Name:	Very Nice.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	5805201
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Nice. What model is that? Heel truss adjust = MIJ or AV? Not so schooled on the different bass models.

I'm a Jazz player myself, love my Squier VM. P basses are cool too, but have only spent time with them in spurts.
      Originally posted by King Buzzo
      I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

nice! but that guard needs to go. looks really plain next to the tort

Comment

I'd say go all soap: white pickups, knobs, headstock, etc.
          Originally posted by King Buzzo
          I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
            Nice. What model is that? Heel truss adjust = MIJ or AV? Not so schooled on the different bass models.

I'm a Jazz player myself, love my Squier VM. P basses are cool too, but have only spent time with them in spurts.
            The headstock logo & string-thru bridge say American Standard (or the current equivalent) to me.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence Kid View Post
              The Jazz is an MIA Standard. The Precision is an MIA Professional. They have an allen socket on the truss rod, which makes adjustments really simple.

I dig the P. It does a really good job of sounding like a bass is supposed to sound, but so does the Jazz in a completely different way. For a couple of days I thought the P sounded so good I'd use it for everything and that I'd never use the Jazz again, but once I started to get a feel for what the P was really good and not so good at I started to understand where the Jazz had it's advantages.

It's still early and I really dig both basses for completely different reasons, and I have a double gig bag so they'll both be travelling everywhere together, so it'll be interesting to see which bass is getting the most use 6 months or a year from now.

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              nice! but that guard needs to go. looks really plain next to the tort
              Agreed. I've gone from really hating it to thinking it looks sort of ok, but it is boring. I was dead set on red tort so it'll match the Jazz, but black on a white bass looks pretty bad ass, as does gold anodized.

Comment

bwb would be my choice if you arent going tort

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  bwb would be my choice if you arent going tort
                  The mint doesn't cut it.
                  '69 Fender Mustang bass
                  '69 Gibson EB-1
                  '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
                  '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
                  '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
                  '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
                  '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
                  '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Comment

We're in the process of starting up a new band and the drummer put clips of the 1st rehearsal up on twitch.

WARNING - Probably not what most will expect... this is about as far away from head banging and Dual Rectifiers as I can get.

Goddess - https://clips.twitch.tv/SnappyTenderVelociraptorKappa

Get Away - https://clips.twitch.tv/CredulousVastNostrilPeteZaroll

Daffodils - https://clips.twitch.tv/TsundereSneakySowPlanking

Valerie - https://clips.twitch.tv/GleamingAlluringShrimpLitFam

Sober - https://clips.twitch.tv/HeadstrongFrailPidgeonOSsloth

Better Man - https://clips.twitch.tv/FuriousCauti...ssantHotPokket

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

i like the mint guard

Comment

New pickguard day...

Comment

winner winner!
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice--much better.
                            '69 Fender Mustang bass
                            '69 Gibson EB-1
                            '76 Rickenbacker 4001 w/SD for Rick N & B
                            '76 Fender Precision w/Dimarzio Model P
                            '84 MIJ Fender Jazz Bass Special w/SD Hot for P neck & Dimarzio Model J for bridge [BEAD tuning]
                            '99 Fretless MIJ Fender Precision/'87 MIJ Fender Squier Jazz hybrid w/SD QP for Jazz
                            '12 MIM Fender Jazz w/Dimarzio Model J
                            '14 Fretless Warmoth Custom T w/ SDCS Stack for SCPB N & B

Comment

Working...
                            X