No announcement yet.

How is Epiphone’s quality these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How is Epiphone’s quality these days?

I’m amazed this thread is still going lol. I have tried a lot of epiphones since I started the thread. Most of them have been very solid. I did buy a Lzzy hale explorer but had to return it. One of the frets came out completely and the neck came loose from the body. I believe it was a fluke luckily I was able to return it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben1962 View Post
      Need a Pelham Blue guitar, then I'm done. For a few months
      “The hell with the rules. If it sounds right, then it is.” - Edward Van Halen

Comment

I’ve just bought one today. I saw their updated line and was very tempted by the p90 ones. I tried the Pelham Blue SG, LP Junior, and the Jared Nichols LP.

I was very impressed with them all, sounded great and the basic feel was nice as well. The set up was terrible though, the necks were too straight and the action was far too high. It might have been the shop though. There was no fret issues I could tell, but might’ve been hidden by the set up.

Anyway they’ve now put CTS in most of the range. I’ve bought the Jarads OldGlory on sale, the Seymour Duncan and the case that swayed me. It doesn’t have the CTS pots but that doesn’t matter, I’ve done a basic set up and still have no fret issues.

Comment

Working...
        X